Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ 8.0 Technical Support

Topic: Video, what have you done ???

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Paulm72PRO InfinityMember since 2014
Just started vdj to play and it said new version do you want to use and i clicked yes,

what you done to the video ??? its terrible now stuttering, choppy, freezes and get blank screens, the audio carries on ok

Posted Tue 13 May 14 @ 8:35 am
PachNPRO InfinityMember since 2009
What are your pc specs? Or are you using a mac?
Do you have a dedicated video card?
If so, is vdj8.exe set to use the stronger video card in your video card settings?

What is your setting in the config for videoforcefullsceen?

Posted Tue 13 May 14 @ 8:38 am
RobRoyPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2012
please check in the settings which grafic card is being used....

Posted Tue 13 May 14 @ 8:39 am
Paulm72PRO InfinityMember since 2014
pc spec, desktop
amd fx6100 3ghz
4gbddr3 ram
gforce 210 1gb ram
gigabyte ga78l,ts2- mainboad

everything was fine yesterday then it updated and playback is terrible, no changes have been made to the pc settings

Posted Tue 13 May 14 @ 8:44 am
Izm123PRO InfinityMember since 2009
Video output on master video output is very dim all of a sudden. Like brightness turned all way down. Even the deck videos are bright..Just main output window is dim. No effects are turned on. Video works great in 7.4.1. I'm using dell xps laptop 8 gigs ram i7 quad 3.0ghz with dedicated nvidia gt555m 3 gig video card. I'm definetly running video on the nvidia card not intel

Posted Fri 16 May 14 @ 8:31 am
Jason KPRO InfinityMember since 2007
Izm123 wrote :
Video output on master video output is very dim all of a sudden. Like brightness turned all way down. Even the deck videos are bright..Just main output window is dim. No effects are turned on. Video works great in 7.4.1. I'm using dell xps laptop 8 gigs ram i7 quad 3.0ghz with dedicated nvidia gt555m 3 gig video card

Is your crossfader all the way over to the deck your video is playing on?

Posted Fri 16 May 14 @ 8:37 am
RobRoyPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2012
please check also "videoVolumelink" in settings. It is set to "yes" by default. So if your volume fader is not up to 100%, you have "issue" too

Posted Fri 16 May 14 @ 8:42 am
Izm123PRO InfinityMember since 2009
Thank you RobRoy turning off videovolumelink fixed my issue!

Posted Fri 16 May 14 @ 9:45 am
dexusnoPRO InfinityMember since 2013
I also have problems with the Video stuttering and freezing up on VDJ8.. Can't use it in a live setting before this is fixed, as I dj with videos as a speciality. Have VDJ8 as a subscription now, and was hoping to change from another brand software to this, as it seems better for video-dj'ing.. Now if this feature is lost to stuttering videos, VDJ8 in my honest opinion does not have any features you can't get in Traktor..

My specs:
HP DV6 laptop
4 GB ram
Ati Radeon HD
Focusrite DSP 24 Firewire soundcard

Please do not tell me that the laptop is not up to the task.. I have a Dell XPS 17" quad core with Nvidia dedicated graphics card with the same issues..
Another user in this forum mentioned a video memory register setting.. I could not find any such setting in my registry..

Best regards,

Klaus - Norway.

Posted Wed 04 Jun 14 @ 4:09 am
mojo193PRO InfinityMember since 2006
update your video card by going to the manufactor web site that should improve your video freezing problems

Posted Wed 04 Jun 14 @ 6:41 am
I am having issues with my video on vdj8 being split to two different tvs each a different size the smaller one is missing half the video. This never happened before with 7.4. nothing has changed any input would be nice.

Posted Fri 11 Jul 14 @ 8:29 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)