Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ 8.0 Technical Support

Topic: Track Cleaner & sandbox not working??

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

fatty48PRO InfinityMember since 2009
Spent hour last night reading the manual then jumped in a tried to use Track cleaner to remove dead bit of video followed the instructions with no result. Sandbox only on 2 deck skin again read manual but could not open it, any help welcome

Posted Tue 13 May 14 @ 6:47 am
PachNPRO InfinityMember since 2009
Sandbox only works if
- no external mixer is used (just midi controllers)
- no video file is loaded
- only 1 deck is playing over master out
- another thing i just forgot :P

Posted Tue 13 May 14 @ 6:50 am
what about Track cleaner? anybody help

Posted Tue 13 May 14 @ 7:47 am
You have to right click on the song in the browser not on the track, then a option screen will open with a choice of editors. In my opinion this was a bad way to impliment the editors. These option can be embedded in the waveform box it self

Posted Tue 13 May 14 @ 8:24 am

Posted Tue 13 May 14 @ 8:30 am
fatty48 wrote :
Spent hour last night reading the manual then jumped in a tried to use Track cleaner to remove dead bit of video followed the instructions with no result. Sandbox only on 2 deck skin again read manual but could not open it, any help welcome

To remove a section of VIDEO - you need the Video Editor not the track cleaner!!

Posted Tue 13 May 14 @ 9:04 am
i was able to remove some profanity on a song track, with windows 7 pc.. Took a while to figure it out but it works and i love it.

Posted Tue 13 May 14 @ 10:19 am
I must be doing something wrong I've tried Video Editor hi-lighted the area clicked waste bin and nothing. I thought I could cut a portion of video out.
I do now however understand sandbox & track cleaner does not work on videos.

Posted Tue 13 May 14 @ 11:36 am
prasanfPRO InfinityMember since 2011
I just read the manual. Sandbox will not work for videos. That's a bummer :(. I am Video DJ so I can never use it. Hope there are plans to allow sandbox for video in the future.

Posted Tue 13 May 14 @ 11:48 am
Ok, i got myself confused.

To remove a section of the track (including video) use the track cleaner.

• Locate the original track
  • Rightclick and select Track Editor
  • Click REMOVE
  • You will see a yellow box on the waveform.
  • Position this where you want it. You can zoom in using you mouse wheel to get it accurate.
  • Press Save

Now when the track saves it save a a VDJEDIT file - the original track is unchanged.

I recommened adding a filter folder so you can access you edited tracks easier (note also they will have a spanner on the icon).
For the filter folder use this criteria:
File Type is 'vdjedit'

Posted Tue 13 May 14 @ 11:53 am
prasanf wrote :
I just read the manual. Sandbox will not work for videos. That's a bummer :(. I am Video DJ so I can never use it. Hope there are plans to allow sandbox for video in the future.

Hopefully in the future. ;-)

Posted Tue 13 May 14 @ 11:53 am
lenindePRO InfinityMember since 2014
donde consigo el manual en espaƱol de virtual dj 8 solo lo encuentro en inges quien me puede ayudar

Posted Tue 27 May 14 @ 2:05 pm
Sorry this is an English Speaking Forum

Please post your message again in English or use the language forums at the bottom.

Thanks.

Posted Tue 27 May 14 @ 2:10 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)