Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ 8.0 Technical Support

Topic: VDJ 7.4 & 8 on same system

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

PawGanPRO InfinityMember since 2011
Is it safe to install the new VDJ 8 on the same laptop as VD7.4 without it overwriting 7.4 settings / database etc...
If so do you just use the default location or do you need to install into a different folder... I want to try out the new VDJ 8 but as i have gigs this weekend i need 7.4 to stay fully working and all my setting to be safe until i get a feel for VDJ 8....

Also does VDJ8 have to rescan the bpms of my music collection or does it take the info from vd7.4. Gonna take a long time to rescan my current collection if so..

Thank you

Posted Tue 13 May 14 @ 6:43 am
PachNPRO InfinityMember since 2009
V8 will install next to v7 and using it's own database and settings file.
So no need to worry.

It also will import your v7 database infos into v8 database automatically.

Posted Tue 13 May 14 @ 6:45 am
totally safe ;) vdj 8 uses its own database and settings.. and runs fine next to vdj 7.
at start of vdj8 it imports your v7 database so you do not have to analyze again

Posted Tue 13 May 14 @ 6:46 am
oh. PachN was faster ;) hehe

Posted Tue 13 May 14 @ 6:46 am
PawGanPRO InfinityMember since 2011
Wow......thank you guys...really appreciate the help... :)

Posted Tue 13 May 14 @ 6:51 am
gbeulPRO InfinityMember since 2007
what about custom mapper /plugins and devices?

Posted Tue 13 May 14 @ 7:48 am
jaakkoPRO InfinityMember since 2006
If I want to use vdj 7 and 8 both installed and getting new tracks... should I analyze them on VDJ 7 or VDJ 8 to get em to both versions? If I analyze something new in VDJ7 does it get updated to VDJ 8 as well?

Posted Tue 13 May 14 @ 9:07 am
gbeulPRO InfinityMember since 2007
jaakko wrote :
If I want to use vdj 7 and 8 both installed and getting new tracks... should I analyze them on VDJ 7 or VDJ 8 to get em to both versions? If I analyze something new in VDJ7 does it get updated to VDJ 8 as well?

to different databases
you have to do it twice

Posted Tue 13 May 14 @ 9:18 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)