Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ 8.0 Technical Support

Topic: DDJ Wego Distortion (No Clear Audio)

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

J-SnipPRO InfinityMember since 2006
installed VDJ8 on my XP SP3 Desktop to start to get used to the interface. Installed DDJ-Wego driver, plugged it up..

MASTER = Pioneer DDJ-WeGO (WDM) Chan 1&2
HEADPHONES = Pioneer DDJ-WeGO (WDM) Chan 1&2

Interface plays fine, Audio Distorted, hit Pause on controller there is a delay before it stops.

MASTER = Pioneer DDJ-WeGO (ASIO) DDJ-WeGO MASTER L&R
HEADPHONES = Pioneer DDJ-WeGO (ASIO) DDJ-WeGO HEADPHONES L&R

Visual deck playing crawls, audio distortion much slower but still 100% distortion.

EDIT: Same happens with V7 so it's certainly not specific to V8. hmmm. Will try former gig laptop where I know it was working.

Posted Mon 12 May 14 @ 7:23 pm
1) You should be using the ASIO driver

2) Even without the ASIO driver you should be using ch 1+2 for master, 3+4 for headphones.

Also since this is XP make sure you set the WeGo soundcard to quadraphonic speakers via Windows Control Panel -> Sound options

Posted Mon 12 May 14 @ 7:27 pm
PhantomDeejay wrote :
1) You should be using the ASIO driver

2) Even without the ASIO driver you should be using ch 1+2 for master, 3+4 for headphones.

Also since this is XP make sure you set the WeGo soundcard to quadraphonic speakers via Windows Control Panel -> Sound options

Posted Mon 12 May 14 @ 7:33 pm
It's been a long time since I used XP :P
Yes that's the place you need to go! :)

Posted Mon 12 May 14 @ 7:39 pm
I have "Sounds and Audio Devices" but no "Sound options" listed in Control Panel. I did find the Quadraphonic part... however no go on the desktop.

With the controller plugged up it comes up in VDJ Audio as
MASTER = Pioneer DDJ-WeGO (ASIO) DDJ-WeGO MASTER L&R
HEADPHONES = Pioneer DDJ-WeGO (ASIO) DDJ-WeGO HEADPHONES L&R

Audio plays terribly slow and distorted.

Now change to

MASTER = Pioneer DDJ-WeGO (WDM) Chan 1&2
HEADPHONES = Pioneer DDJ-WeGO (WDM) Chan 1&2

Same result as before.

Back to trying the old gig laptop.

Posted Mon 12 May 14 @ 7:43 pm
OLD LAPTOP RESULTS..
Only WDM works...well it did but now the distortion has arisen but wait... it just cleared up. But no way can this go live. The LAG is also terrible.

When I switch the Audio Config to ASIO I get an error!!
"Virtual DJ - No sound card"
* Pioneer DDJ_WeGO ASIO Failed to initialize ASIO driver"

HUH? How so? it worked with VDJ7.2 before I installed 8 and still works with 7.2 as I just tried it.

MORE... weird. Now I went back into 8 after checking 7.2 still worked. Went to "Audio" in 8 and set the Channel fields to Master L&R and Phones L&R, hit apply and I now have clear audio! Close out 8, reopen, clear audio still present. Very strange.

Posted Mon 12 May 14 @ 8:05 pm
Different sound card i know - but can you see the ASIO option in the drop down menu?

Posted Mon 12 May 14 @ 8:39 pm
djtouchdan wrote :
Different sound card i know - but can you see the ASIO option in the drop down menu?

yep.

I have it working ... it was weird. "Now I went back into 8 after checking 7.2 still worked. Went to "Audio" in 8 and set the Channel fields to Master L&R and Phones L&R, hit apply and I now have clear audio! Close out 8, reopen, clear audio still present. Very strange." NO error when I did it this way.

Posted Mon 12 May 14 @ 8:49 pm
I never could get it working correctly on my desktop but that's okay since I don't gig nor record with this box but still don't understand why the audio is terrible and not playing clearly with the WeGO.

Posted Mon 12 May 14 @ 9:03 pm
On Mac, the DDJ-WeGO is not even recognised. It comes up as a DDJ-SR and therefore, most of the buttons on the controller do not function!

Posted Sun 18 May 14 @ 11:40 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)