Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ 8.0 Technical Support

Topic: Video Transitions (Mac)

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Just Two things I want to share from my experience today:

1) I've noticed that a handful of theVDJ 8 video transition are not working? I performed a clean install of VDJ 8 in order to remove all the old plugins.
For example, Flip 3d just overlaps the videos, not actually "Flip 3d" on the video transition. Same things goes for Cube and many others. However Fade and Shatter, both seem to work.
Is this a settings issue for me?

2) I have the video setting/preference set to "random video transition" = yes. However, the video transition does not ever change. Is there another setting I need to enable this?

Thanks for any thoughts anyone has!
I'm using VDJ 8 on OSX 10.9.2
Processor 2.2 GHz Intel Core i7
Memory 8 GB 1333 MHz DDR3
Graphics AMD Radeon HD 6750M 1024 MB

Posted Mon 12 May 14 @ 3:53 pm
Just to add an update with more information:

I found out that the random video transition will work if I switch back to my original VirtualDJ folder that contains the incompatible plugins - however, in doing so I then get popups occasionally about incompatible plugins.

Regardless of whether I use the VirtualDJ folder that is used for versions 7 & 8 or the new one that is only for version 8, some of the video effects and transitions do not work.

Posted Tue 13 May 14 @ 8:37 am
Actually, now that I have been updated to the latest build that adds a "plugins64" folder, the random video transitions are not working using the original folder. (However, it is nice not to see all the incompatible plugins!)

Posted Tue 13 May 14 @ 8:44 am
I too have been trying to get the auto transition to work.
Love VDJ8 added a nice amount of Transitions. Could have left out - Drain, Drain Light, Droplets and Pixlate. Didn't see any effects with the Satellite & Satellite Boom maybe broken. Exetreme Cut, Glass and Slide are nice for selective mixes. Cloud Dissolve, Fade, Sequence, Shatter and the Window are keepers. Color Swap, Doors, Grid, LumaKey, Window Double, Zoom...are 5 Star! The Cube, Flip 3D, Splodge, Strobe, Wrap and Wrap Speed did nothing. "Scrolling Slice", shut my MAC down.

In my opinion!

Posted Sun 18 May 14 @ 9:33 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)