Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ 8.0 Technical Support

Topic: DDJ-SX - Page: 1

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

DJLokkePRO InfinityMember since 2012
Hi, have now used the new vdj8 for more than three hours and i have to say that on one hand i am very happy, but on the other hand … hmmm.
Here are some of my feedbacks:
- Controller Pioneer DDJ-SX could not be used. After each re-start of the system everthing is again in „Default – Modus“ (Keyboard).
- Sandbox couldn´t be used. I could not find it
- If i use the effect-section teh system will re-start
- Even the Wave-Form has to be changed after every new start of the system.
- Mapping could not be changed, because it´s not possible to safe the changes
- If i use it in 4-Deck-Mode the System will shut down by searching the ffects
- If i change back from 8 to 7 i have to update my mapping, because some features are gone

I am realy not happy that i couldn´t use the new version with my DDJ-SX.

“Hope you understand my english ”

Posted Mon 12 May 14 @ 1:34 pm
+1

Posted Mon 12 May 14 @ 2:00 pm
I use Vdj8 with SX every day.. works great ;) crazy good

Posted Mon 12 May 14 @ 2:04 pm
DJ KozPRO InfinityMember since 2007
What is your setup dj-in-norway.

Posted Mon 12 May 14 @ 2:09 pm
What is your setup dj-in-norway.

Posted Mon 12 May 14 @ 2:11 pm
PachNPRO InfinityMember since 2009
Works for me too...

Just make sure to remove some faulty V7 plugins.
And then just plug&play.
I didn't choose special settings. Just master+headphone and seleted the SX as soundcard. done.

Posted Mon 12 May 14 @ 2:13 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
You are actually getting what we call " a silent crash", so the software instead of crashing, it re-launches. and that is why settings are not saved, because the software didnt close properly.
It appears that you have an issue with the effects. Could you please try to remove any dll (effects) files from the Plugins/SoundEffects folder (move them to a backup folder) and try to relaunch ?

Posted Mon 12 May 14 @ 2:14 pm
I'm learning VDJ8 with the SX since yesterday. It's superfast! Some plugins didn't work, but with the help of this community, it works great now!
The DDJ SX skin isn't working at all on VDJ8, so don't try ;)

Now I'm waiting for a DDJ SX VDJ8 skin and some minor fixes.

Since the topic title is DDJ SX: I used the Instrument section on the SX. The upper two pad rows react only on the BPM of the left decks and the two instrument pad rows beneath only react to the BPM of the left decks.

@dj-in-Norway: I read in different post of you that you really like VDJ8 with DDJ SX. Do you use the standard skin for this?

Posted Mon 12 May 14 @ 2:15 pm
@djdad: Your DDJ SX skin was perfect for me and nice eye candy! Do you think of making a version 8 of it?

Posted Mon 12 May 14 @ 2:18 pm
Also will my custom mapper in VDJ7 work in VDJ8?

Posted Mon 12 May 14 @ 2:26 pm
Custom mapping files from version 7 should work, but you probably need to change the description inside the mappinf xml file.
And yes the version 7 skins will be updated in time.

Posted Mon 12 May 14 @ 2:29 pm
DJ Dad, what should I change it to?

Posted Mon 12 May 14 @ 2:35 pm
in v7 and still in v8, both on mac and windows i got sometimes surges in the performance pads lights.
e.g. i have 8 cue points lit when suddenly for a short moment (like 1/10 second) some of them turn off and back on.

i could not isolate it exactly. the less functions were in the mapper the less surges i had.
it was not because of high volumes to headphones or master and not in same point of song.
other leds ok.

in serato dj the leds are solid.

i think there could be a typo/bug in the hardware hid description.similar that i found for dac-2 few years ago.

Is someone experiencing this?

i am unable to record a video of it as on iphone both slowmo or normal mode, leds are flashing always like old flourescent lights.

Posted Mon 12 May 14 @ 2:52 pm
DJ Koz wrote :
DJ Dad, what should I change it to?

to anything else than then name you see in the Mappers list (so not "Pioneer DDJ-SX")
If this doesnt work, try to rename the file and leave the description as is
Note, that the factory default mappin (name) will still be available in Config->controllers tab and you will probably see a 2nd option in the drop down-list

Posted Mon 12 May 14 @ 2:53 pm
OK. I will check it out DJ Dad. Thank you!

Posted Mon 12 May 14 @ 2:59 pm
gbeulPRO InfinityMember since 2007
sorry i have some strange problems with my sx
i removed all v7 mappers and devices restarted and yes the sx is rcocniced so far so good.

i tryed to get this working when i use the shift + loop_in /out button

its from my ver 7 mapping but will not work any tipps?

Using "command1 ? command2 : command3" will query the state of command1, and if the result is true, execute command2, otherwise execute command3.

<map value="SHIFT_LOOP_IN" action="loop ? wheel_mode &apos;loop_in,jog&apos; +1 : wheel_mode &apos;jog&apos;" />
<map value="SHIFT_LOOP_OUT" action="loop ? wheel_mode &apos;loop_out,jog&apos; +1 : wheel_mode &apos;jog&apos;" />

in ver 7 it works
shift_loop_in: when you in loop you schould be able to move the in point of the loop
shift_loop_out: when you in loop you should be able to move the out point of the loop

Posted Mon 12 May 14 @ 3:17 pm
piluschPRO InfinityMember since 2008
I have problem with the Equalizer not working sometimes when starting up but after a restart or two it work. Sometimes it even does not fully kill the EQ even tho i set it to that.
This is on the PC version and ddj-sx.

Posted Wed 14 May 14 @ 10:46 am
Has anyone had issues where they cannot control their gain levels? I would like to know if the auto-remember/limiter is going to stop us fro controlling the gain level ability. I had to turn this off in version 7 so that I had full control of my mixer.

Posted Wed 14 May 14 @ 10:54 am
need a little help my volume controls on my ddj sx don't work with 8 im i missing something

Posted Wed 14 May 14 @ 11:24 am
I will tell you everything that you had to reset it v7 , well it will not remember it in v8 , so you will need to go into 8 and change everything back to the way you want it . You will find everything in the settings Advance menu ., For the gain control , I have mine set to no .

Posted Wed 14 May 14 @ 11:52 am
91%