Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ 8.0 Technical Support

Topic: Itunes not showing up

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

I use a separate hard drive to power my itunes. VDJ8 is not pulling up my itunes. I went into the database and changed the file location to read exactly how it is displayed in itunes. Now, after changing the file location nothing comes up when you select "itunes" in the file folder. What am i doing wrong?

Posted Mon 12 May 14 @ 12:59 pm
Did you restart after changing the file location.

Posted Mon 12 May 14 @ 1:02 pm
Yep I am Having the same problem My iTunes library.xml is located" /Volumes/Drive 2/iTunes" ( on my mac) In my options I put the same thing for root folders Desktop, MyComputer, Playlists, iTunes
Itunesdatabasefile /Volumes/Drive 2/iTunes/

Just a blue folder with iTunes but no tracks

Posted Fri 16 May 14 @ 6:54 pm
Yep I am Having the same problem My iTunes library.xml is located" /Volumes/Drive 2/iTunes" ( on my mac) In my options I put the same thing for root folders Desktop, MyComputer, Playlists, iTunes
Itunesdatabasefile /Volumes/Drive 2/iTunes/

Just a blue folder with iTunes but no tracks

Posted Fri 16 May 14 @ 7:01 pm

Posted Fri 16 May 14 @ 7:02 pm
DJ CyderPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2003
you must add iTunes Library.xml to the end of the path or it will not work this is true to both the pc and mac version

Posted Sat 17 May 14 @ 12:54 am
StilliPRO InfinityMember since 2009
I am having problems with my iTunes playlists as well. They show up in VDJ8 but the songs are not in the correct order, VDJ seems to scramble them up, it's very frustrating.

Macbook Pro

Posted Thu 03 Jul 14 @ 2:42 pm
JoeyKJPRO InfinityMember since 2008

Posted Thu 03 Jul 14 @ 4:15 pm
StilliPRO InfinityMember since 2009
Thanks Joey

Posted Fri 04 Jul 14 @ 9:30 am
Same thing here - just doesn't seem to like the iTunes library being on an external hard drive. I'm using VDJ8 and a MacBook Pro with a WD My Passport Studio drive. Internal library, that's good. External, no go.

Posted Wed 16 Jul 14 @ 12:49 am
PachNPRO InfinityMember since 2009
Did you set the correct path for option "iTunesDatabaseFile"?

Posted Wed 16 Jul 14 @ 3:48 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)