Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ 8.0 Technical Support

Topic: BPM's are all off...

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

BPM's seem to be off in VDJ8.

I try to use the tap button and tap at the first beat and this does nothing.

I try to adjust the BPM using the BPM adjuster and just can't get it to match.

How do I simply adjust so that the 1st beat is in the first rectangular block? That seems to be the biggest problem for me. There used to be a slide bar... got used to that.

These are NOT VDJ problems but rather me not understanding the process. I printed out the manual and have followed the directions but it doesn't seem to work.

If I could just simply tap then I could get it to work but tapping just makes things go crazy.

Any help would be great appreciated, as this is happening to ALL of my tracks.

Posted Mon 12 May 14 @ 8:12 am
When you say off??

I version 8 the blocks no longer line up to the centre of the beat. They no line up to the beginning of the beat.

Posted Mon 12 May 14 @ 8:14 am
You can use 2 ways:

1) While track is playing, tap once... It will set the primary beat on the corresponding place (it will auto adjust)
2) While track is stoped. Move the "needle" where you want the big block. TAP once. The primary beat will be set EXACTLY where the needle is (no auto adjust)

PS: The start of the beat now is in the left side of the block, NOT on the center as it used to be as it makes more sense

Posted Mon 12 May 14 @ 8:15 am
IMO it's the "tap once" thing that's confusing people.

Usually the BPM/tempo tap button (in software or hardware) is used to tap continuously at regular intervals to the beat, as you would tap your foot.

That's how people expect it to work.

Posted Mon 12 May 14 @ 8:18 am
Groovin it also works this way...

TAP 4 times (1 measure) while playing will do the same thing as TAP once while playing = Adjust CBG phase
TAP more than 4 times (1 measure) while playing will start calculating a new BPM

Posted Mon 12 May 14 @ 8:22 am
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
Because tapping is rarely as accurate as the automatic detection, if you only tap about 4 times while playing, it will also be smart and select the most likely detection based on the analysis of the song.
This will accurately fix most of the beatgrid and bpm problems that you might experience.
Only if the detection really wouldn't have a clue on the song your playing would it be useful to continue tapping to find a different bpm manually.

Posted Mon 12 May 14 @ 8:28 am
Okay, I tried using the tap button on the first beat and this seams to solve the problem. If you don't mind, I will keep testing a few more tracks to make sure I have a handle on this.

Also, I reported in an earlier post (may have gotten buried) that there is an noticeable audio glitch switching between "Famous" and "Instruments". You can go left to right or right to left, the audio glitch is still there.

Posted Mon 12 May 14 @ 8:46 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)