Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ 8.0 Technical Support

Topic: MBP with Lion OSX causing VDJ8 to blink!?

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Just installed VDJ8 fresh on an older Intel Core2Duo MBP (will post full specs asap) and when opened (at any resolution) the entire program blinks nonstop and has major graphical errors. I have video of the issue, just now way to post it. Also, VDJ7 works flawlessly, issue is only with 8.

Posted Mon 12 May 14 @ 8:11 am
Haui70PRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2008
The exact specs would be great.

At the moment it would be best when you upload the file onto dropbox or simular and share the link here :-)

Thx

DJ Cyder wrote :
Virtualdj 8 needs 10.7 or higher.

SBDJ wrote :
If your Mac cannot run 10.7, then you have a few options:

* Remain on VDJ7
* Buy a new Mac
* Run bootcamp and use VDJ8 under windows

Posted Tue 13 May 14 @ 7:36 am

Posted Tue 13 May 14 @ 10:03 am
GSFonzyPRO InfinityMember since 2010
I have the same MacBook and it's doing the same thing, but runs fine in boot camp windows 7, wth? I have to still fully test with With controller and timecodes before I can give it a thumbs up.

Posted Tue 13 May 14 @ 1:09 pm
i'm guessing it's a video driver/scaling issue that will be fixed in an update, it would be nice to hear from a developer or admin, if this is something to look towards, or if I should be begging on the streets for money for a new mac, lol

Posted Tue 13 May 14 @ 4:49 pm
Haui70PRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2008
As far as i can see do you use a Mac from 2006.

From actual point of view, it seems we have found a modell which can't be supported by V8 so far.

Posted Wed 14 May 14 @ 5:27 am
I guess it's from 06' but it's unreal that it doesn't work, because 7 ran flawless and 8 is supposed to run lighter and quicker. I mean if it will run on tablets, you can't be telling me it won't run on my mac :/

Posted Wed 14 May 14 @ 5:30 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)