Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ 8.0 Technical Support

Topic: VDJ8 doesn't open promptly if controller (Pioneer DDJ-SX) is switched on

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Djay_7PRO InfinityMember since 2004
If I open VDJ8 THEN turn on the controller, all is fine. VDJ8 opens instantly and then prompts me when I turn on the DDJ-SX.
If I then quit VDJ8 and try to restart it, it takes up to 1 minute to open VDJ8 every time.

This is also happens if I turn on the DDJ-SX from a fresh reboot of the PC, then try to open VDJ8.

Posted Mon 12 May 14 @ 4:46 am
PachNPRO InfinityMember since 2009
Mac or PC version?
I have a SX too, but don't have this problems :-/

Posted Mon 12 May 14 @ 5:34 am
I have the problem when I turn on the SX and then start VDJ8, I immediately get an error: This plugin is not compatible with VDJ 8..
When I turn the effect knobs (next to the TAP button) I get the same error.

But when I read this.. You don't have this problems?

Posted Mon 12 May 14 @ 6:20 am
I would suggest emptying your plugins folder and adding them back in one by one until you find the culprit.

Posted Mon 12 May 14 @ 6:22 am
Is this copied from my VDJ 7 that already was installed? Because I did a clean VDJ 8 install without any changes. First boot gave me this error and still does..

Posted Mon 12 May 14 @ 6:23 am
@groovindj: Thanks for your quick reply.

Is this copied from my VDJ 7 that already was installed? Because I did a clean VDJ 8 install without any changes. First boot gave me this error and still does..

Posted Mon 12 May 14 @ 6:25 am
apopsisdjPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2003
Yes the plugins folder is the same, so all your old plugins are accessible from within VirtualDJ 8.

Posted Mon 12 May 14 @ 6:26 am
VDJ 8 looks at your effects/plugins that are already installed for 7, but some effects/plugins are not compatible with 8.

Posted Mon 12 May 14 @ 6:27 am
apopsis wrote :
Yes the plugins folder is the same, so all your old plugins are accessible from within VirtualDJ 8.

Ahh then I think I know why the error comes up.

What can I do then? I still use VDJ 7 until I get familiar with 8. When I want to use VDJ 7 copy the plugin folder back? And when I want to learn 8, make the plugin folder empty?

Posted Mon 12 May 14 @ 6:27 am
It would be useful if the VDJ 8 install procedure offered a choice of where to install, so that a different directory could/would be used.

Posted Mon 12 May 14 @ 6:30 am
groovindj wrote :
It would be useful if the VDJ 8 install procedure offered a choice of where to install, so that a different directory could/would be used.

Yep! indeed. That's one for the wishlist :)

Posted Mon 12 May 14 @ 6:32 am
groovindj wrote :

This used to be an option if you select CUSTOM install. -Is that not still the case?

Posted Mon 12 May 14 @ 6:33 am
djtouchdan wrote :
groovindj wrote :

This used to be an option if you select CUSTOM install. -Is that not still the case?

I'm gonna find out this evening! Thanks!

Posted Mon 12 May 14 @ 6:34 am
@Djay_7: My apologize for "hijacking" your question. So back to your issue again :)

Djay_7 wrote :
If I open VDJ8 THEN turn on the controller, all is fine. VDJ8 opens instantly and then prompts me when I turn on the DDJ-SX.
If I then quit VDJ8 and try to restart it, it takes up to 1 minute to open VDJ8 every time.

This is also happens if I turn on the DDJ-SX from a fresh reboot of the PC, then try to open VDJ8.

Answer PachN:

Mac or PC version?
I have a SX too, but don't have this problems :-/

Posted Mon 12 May 14 @ 6:35 am
djtouchdan wrote :

I just gave it a try.

Using CUSTOM only allows you to set the location for the executable. There's no way to change the folder under Users (which is where the plugins are).

Posted Mon 12 May 14 @ 6:48 am
Soooooo MANY THINGS ARE LITERALLY B E T A

Posted Mon 12 May 14 @ 7:06 am
burnyabad wrote :
Soooooo MANY THINGS ARE LITERALLY B E T A

That's why they call it a PRE-release with all warnings included :) I'm happy with it! When the final (public) version is there, I know every bit and byte already ;)

Posted Mon 12 May 14 @ 7:10 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)