Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ 8.0 Technical Support

Topic: stop scan/analyze/add to search

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Is there a way to stop this once started?
short of closing the program down I could find no way to stop it.

Posted Mon 12 May 14 @ 12:48 am
The short answer is no.

The process itself is much more streamlined now, so shouldn't be drain on resources.

Posted Mon 12 May 14 @ 5:59 am
djtouchdan wrote :
shouldn't be drain on resources.

But there are already posts saying that scanning affects the ability to do other things.

Posted Mon 12 May 14 @ 6:03 am
There should be an option to stop a scan regardless of whether not it's resource requirements have seen improvements.

Posted Mon 12 May 14 @ 5:47 pm
djjbPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Here, the autogain don't work when automix is on and I can't dragg tracks whereverer I want.
(all this when scanning)
Also this scanning starts unasked!!??

I just restarted vdj to play with automix again without distortion...

When not scanning no problems here

Posted Thu 15 May 14 @ 12:14 pm
The scan will only kick in when you load at track that hasn't been read before.

When you drop it into a deck or into automix, if it has not been previously scanned then it will scan it there and then on the fly.
If ALL of your tracks have been scanned then it won't re-scan them

Posted Thu 15 May 14 @ 12:16 pm
So for the best results with automix I can't load a folder that isn't scanned before. :o(

I just tried this out:
Loaded a unscanned folder in the playlist and started automix. The scan was running en de first track was playing with the second track loaded in the automix-deck.
When the first song was finnished the second song had a gain of -0.8, when i load the same track in the other deck the autogain was working fine.

Posted Thu 15 May 14 @ 12:39 pm
gbeulPRO InfinityMember since 2007
i treid to rescan my lib because of moving cue etc.
but than i hat to shutdown my pc is there a chance to find out were it stoppt

if scaned 50000 but still remain 13000 when i stopped

if done rescan bpm
thanks

Posted Thu 15 May 14 @ 12:46 pm
djjb wrote :
So for the best results with automix I can't load a folder that isn't scanned before. :o(

I just tried this out:
Loaded a unscanned folder in the playlist and started automix. The scan was running en de first track was playing with the second track loaded in the automix-deck.
When the first song was finnished the second song had a gain of -0.8, when i load the same track in the other deck the autogain was working fine.

How often would this happen though. Ok, at the moment your running a new piece of software that will scan. But once it is done, it will only be when you add files to the database that this will happen again.

The gain should always point to 12o'clock. The adjustment is what the software has done to achieve 0db gain.

Posted Thu 15 May 14 @ 1:02 pm
Do we need to rescan our entire database? I noticed that it is scanning tracks that have been previously scanned in VDJ7.

Posted Thu 15 May 14 @ 1:21 pm
The VDJ8 system has a much improved scanner and mp3 engine. So yes there is a benefit to scanning them, but the software will do this automatically. Hopefully you have noticed how much quicker the scan is too.

Posted Thu 15 May 14 @ 1:44 pm
If it was scanned in VDJ7, will it automatically scan in VDJ8 when adding to a player?

Posted Thu 15 May 14 @ 2:06 pm
djtouchdan wrote :
djjb wrote :

I just tried this out:

How often would this happen though. Ok, at the moment your running a new piece of software that will scan. But once it is done, it will only be when you add files to the database that this will happen again.

The gain should always point to 12o'clock. The adjustment is what the software has done to achieve 0db gain.

When I want to use the automix function I don't want to worry about a wrong gain. This isn't working when automix is on.

Posted Thu 15 May 14 @ 3:47 pm
What about once this files have been scanned - so once you have used them once?

Posted Thu 15 May 14 @ 3:49 pm
he mentioned that if only whenyou load it to a player it will scaned
and you just migrated from v7 or ahd scaned it with v7 but never played it with v8 before and put this file to automix than thomething could go wrong

Posted Thu 15 May 14 @ 3:54 pm
gbeul wrote :
i treid to rescan my lib because of moving cue etc.
but than i hat to shutdown my pc is there a chance to find out were it stoppt

if scaned 50000 but still remain 13000 when i stopped

if done rescan bpm
thanks

any help about this?

rescaning will take more than 2 days if i had to start from the beginning

Posted Thu 15 May 14 @ 3:56 pm
RobRoyPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2012
if you had "gettagsauto" set active, there might be the good old filter folder isscanned=0 helpful

Posted Thu 15 May 14 @ 4:01 pm
the prob is that they were scaned with v7 so all files are there.
than i deside to reanilze all files but i must disrubt this.

i only wanna now if there is an option to go to the point were it stops

if not i have to do all of them again wich tkaes more than 2 days

Posted Fri 16 May 14 @ 6:27 pm
spindemPRO InfinityMember since 2004
No there isn't.

I scan in batches starting with my most. Used playlists and folders.

Posted Sat 17 May 14 @ 1:13 am
RobRoyPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2012
gbeul wrote :
...i only wanna now if there is an option to go to the point were it stops...

let´s wait what the developers think about this. Actually it is question to think about. Read this request a few times now here in the forum.
But also...when your db is in shape, scanning and adding new tracks should not take too long anymore.

Posted Sat 17 May 14 @ 2:11 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)