Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ 8.0 Technical Support

Topic: Infamous Intel HD 3000 graphics

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

ewitlesPRO InfinityMember since 2006
Any improved help for us folk? If so, what are the settings?

Posted Sun 11 May 14 @ 7:08 pm
Ok, on that note, does it matter what the OS (platform)? Does this still give grief to MBP users w/ Intel HD graphics or is it just limited to Windows units?

Bonus question. If the MBP does not have the issue native in OSX, would the problem appear running Windows via boot camp?

Posted Sun 11 May 14 @ 7:21 pm
Unsure on the answers to these as I was fortunate not to have this issue.

Will see whether one of the other guys can head this way to help.

Posted Sun 11 May 14 @ 7:25 pm
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
Which problems do you have with the HD 3000 in VDJ 8 exactly?

Posted Mon 12 May 14 @ 12:15 am
Video stutter and where it jerks. Now using hdmi does this, but vga out does in fact behave better.

However, hdmi is my preferred media.

Posted Mon 12 May 14 @ 6:24 am
RobRoyPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2012
what do you see in options, when searching for the graphic card used for the video output...?

Posted Mon 12 May 14 @ 6:30 am
ummm, intel hd 3000.

Posted Mon 12 May 14 @ 8:00 am
BraenzuPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2007
config / options / video -> videoDriver ? and videoForceFullscreen "0" or "1"?

Braenzu

Posted Mon 12 May 14 @ 8:10 am
RobRoyPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2012
extendet screen mode on PC active ?

Posted Mon 12 May 14 @ 8:27 am
believe was set to 0. now think the hdmi is set to 1080p and might be part of problem. will try setting to 720 if not the case.

Posted Mon 12 May 14 @ 8:59 am
BraenzuPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2007
value change to "1" (videoForceFullscreen)
close vdj and start again and test it

Braenzu

Posted Mon 12 May 14 @ 11:07 am
Ok, via hdmi even at 720p, it would look like it split horizontal towards the top. But via vga (analog), it looked fine - well, more better. So hdmi is out for now.

Posted Mon 12 May 14 @ 11:09 pm

Posted Mon 12 May 14 @ 11:13 pm
Ok, finally reloaded my lappy w/ re-encoded videos. First, does the setting DXVA apply? While not jerky at all, I get what appears to be horizontal lines - well, not lines per se, but like it's splitting usually on a fast motion video. Now, the card reports can use 1600mb or so MB. Automatic or any value up to the max does not make a difference. See the same thing w milkdrop. Same thing via HDMI and VGA out.

videoForceFullscreen set to 1 makes this go away, but at the expense of system responsiveness. Set to 0, system behaves but get the split screen anomaly horizontally.

Posted Fri 23 May 14 @ 12:13 pm

Posted Tue 27 May 14 @ 11:55 am
I can relate to this, As I am going through the same things as you have stated above........

So can someone explain to us Why when we forcevideo across to '1' it does make things run on the high performance graphics card but puts so much load on laptop resources ? When it didn't in VDJ7.4.1

If we keep it on '0' it doesn't allow you to switch across to the high performance card, Instead staying on the Intel HD 3000 graphics card and doesn't have the resources to run both the laptop and extended screen (i.e. can't keep up, slow, glitchy, low FPS etc.....)

I know it's been a code re-write by what is the difference ? Is it because it's selected a different way (drag over to the extended screen ?) It was cured in previous versions.

I tried updating Nvidia cards with no help...... Or is it something as simple as the new skins are all in High Res Format 1920 x 1080, We are using them on the laptops which in my case Max Res on the laptop when extended screen is selected goes back to 1600 x 900, Although the extended screen gives me 1920 x 1080 through HDMI.

How did we get round the graphic card bugs in V7.4.1 which alot of people suffered from including me, (I remember making changes to through the registry which helped)

But from what I can work out and keep going back to, It's something to do with dragging across to the extended screen option ?

Putting massive loads through memory on graphics cards, increased CPU, fan, waveforms and general making things run slow and glitchy.

I'll say again, On audio Atomix have got it pretty much spot on with huge improvements in sound in VDJ8 and the GUI and we are all loving this.

But any comments or advice on how we get around the Intel HD 3000 / Extended Screen putting huge loads on laptops would be grateful or how we can try to lower the load or fix this ?

Posted Tue 27 May 14 @ 4:25 pm
DJ FusiPRO InfinityMember since 2005
I'm also having this "tearing" video problem. Everythings OK in version 7.
3gb Nvidia GeForce GTX 460 an 560 (1,5gb + 1,5gb) on Alienware 18 gaming laptop.

Posted Sun 01 Jun 14 @ 3:27 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)