Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ 8.0 Technical Support

Topic: Looks great. Can't get a song to play at all. Studders then buzzes. Search is fine. - Page: 2

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Yup. This so far kicks ass! Great job guys!

Posted Sun 11 May 14 @ 8:34 pm
Glad you approve.

The team did a cracking job!!

Posted Sun 11 May 14 @ 8:39 pm
cms30ggPRO InfinityMember since 2008
I have these same issue as well, the thing that we have in common is that we are both running Vista as our operating system.

Posted Mon 12 May 14 @ 12:17 am
Spent hours on this and still no luck in getting it to play one song. No matter what I do I can not change the setting in config in the audio setting for wasapiSharedMode to yes. The window closes before I have a chance to change the setting.

http://youtu.be/thC9IsURUcs

Posted Mon 12 May 14 @ 5:14 pm
On the default skin make a custom button use this action:

setting 'wasapiSharedMode' on

Posted Mon 12 May 14 @ 5:17 pm
Did not work.

Posted Tue 13 May 14 @ 12:05 am
Issue solved, a big thanks to you all for the helpful advice, especially Mike Ruskin for the solution provided on Youtube. The solution was very simple and that was to double click the no after highlighting wasapisharedmode. My problem was trying to click on the yes after highlighting the wasapisharedmode. Four days of frustration gone after finally being able to experience vdj 8 :)

Posted Wed 14 May 14 @ 4:56 pm
I had very distorted sound when I first installed VDJ 8. I have VDJ6 and VDJ7 on same laptop and thought it would inherit the same settings.

However VDJ8 has an additional audio setting. Go into config, tick the box for advanced options in the top right, under the audio settings, set "ultra latency" to "no", it is set to "yes" by default.

Posted Wed 14 May 14 @ 5:15 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)