Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ 8.0 Technical Support

Topic: VDJ8 w Rane 62 & DVS

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Has anyone tried doing vinyl control with a Rane Sixty Two mixer yet?

Posted Sun 11 May 14 @ 2:57 pm
I've got a friend who uses SSL that I'd love to flip to VDJ. It would just make my life easier as his resident tech support guy!
But if his hardware won't work then there will be no way to do it. He uses a Denon SC3900 on one side and a Technics 1200 on the other side of a Rane 62 mixer.

Posted Sun 11 May 14 @ 7:25 pm
I've read in a few different places that there are issues with SC3900's in the current VDJ8 build. Still curious if DVS through a Rane 62 works.

Posted Mon 12 May 14 @ 10:42 am
I'd say just try it. If the 62 has asio drivers then I really don't see why it wouldn't work unless RANE has locked it and can only be used with Serato.

Try it out and let us know if it works. I'm using a Pioneer DJM T1 which is a Traktor mixer without issue.

Posted Mon 12 May 14 @ 11:42 am
Easier said than done.
I'll wait until I get some indication that it *should* work before going through the effort of getting him, his stuff, and me and my laptop in one place at the same time.
We are in two different towns and both very busy....

Posted Mon 12 May 14 @ 4:03 pm
I agree with beatbreaker1, as far as it is ASIO it should work audio-wise.
It also (unlike TTM 57SL) seems to support MIDI, so you might even be able to map it in VDJ.

Posted Mon 12 May 14 @ 5:40 pm
Now that the release gate has been opened, anyone out there with hands-on Rane 62 and Vinyl control feedback yet?

My friend has been out of town, still haven't had a chance to try it ourselves yet....

Posted Thu 22 May 14 @ 3:28 pm
bump

Posted Sun 25 May 14 @ 7:49 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)