Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ 8.0 Technical Support

Topic: stanton scs1d & scs1m

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Hi there just downloaded the new pre-release VDJ8,I managed to configure the audio output to my mixer scs1m,but I cant use the MIDI controls,how do I add the SCS1d deck and the SCS1m mixer to control the software?
thank you

Posted Sun 11 May 14 @ 1:28 pm
Controller SCS1m is recognized for sound but not for any type of MIDI control ,also the SCS1d deck.

Posted Mon 12 May 14 @ 4:35 am
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
I'm afraid there are issues with the SCS.1 system at the moment on both Mac and PC.

Posted Mon 12 May 14 @ 4:52 am
the SCS1m is only detected as a soundcard,its not detected/connected as a MIDI Device SCS1d or SC1m.
looking forward
thank you

Posted Mon 12 May 14 @ 8:24 am
Correct, they are not detected on a Mac. The SCS.1d's also have platter issues at present.

Posted Mon 12 May 14 @ 8:30 am
new build but still no firewire controller detected has a MIDI device,only the mixer is detected as a soundcard.
looking forward
thank you

Posted Fri 16 May 14 @ 4:27 pm
We are aware of the issue :)

Posted Fri 16 May 14 @ 5:19 pm
just tried the new build,and it works on SCS1 system! just add to turn on MotorWheelInstantPlay-yes; and tweaked MotorWheelSmoothPercent by default was 75,used 100, now I'm using 200, "feels" much better, the track doesn't "jump" has it did on VDJ7.,the VU meters on the scs1m work much better,the FX and filter "shifts" dont work,and the LCDs on the deck are off also the deck select(1,2,3,4) LCD is off, I guess I have to edit the mapper,very looong hardwork ahead...

the sound is on VDJ8 is great,I'm a TraktorP2 user,and I really can't tell wich has better sound, must try it on big Speakers,but if I pull a few chirps I get weird glitches,no CPU on RED, if I scratch a scribble/quick babies it sounds ok, but doing chirps I get some weird sound glitches,probably because of "abusing" with the crossfader,what can I do??any special settings?
and every time I load a track I get CPU on RED,causing some glitches and pops, I'm on a macbook DualCore 2.2ghz / 4 GB RAM.

Posted Tue 20 May 14 @ 4:03 pm
Do your SCS.1d's suffer with drift at all? I've noticed that one of mine runs to quickly, and one runs too slowly!

Posted Tue 20 May 14 @ 4:55 pm
Hello again,after a few minutes mixing,I must say the sound is a great improvement,congrats Atomix and Adion.
I think that the scratch release isn't so tight,I think that sometimes the Pitch wabbles a bit,but I'm not sure yet,I was droping new tracks,analyzing tempo adjust/sync, the sound got affected sometimes,like pitch wabble, tracks start/stop, maybe platter issues, not sure.
the Volume Meters (4decks and master) on the SC1m work perfect now,that didn happened on VDJ7, but the EQ knobs on SCS1m do nothing to the sound, they move on-screen,but sound isn't affected.
thank you

Posted Tue 20 May 14 @ 5:07 pm
Hi SBDJ,I only have one deck and mixer, I noticed when switching decks/turning vynil on/off sometimes the track plays a little faster, I talked on another VDJforum and many complain about that problem,one deck playing faster than other,but my SCS1 system works fine in TP2, have you tried your decks in TP2?same problem?

Posted Tue 20 May 14 @ 5:11 pm
yes I can confirm,just tried VDJ7(TP2) and the tracks play fine,on VDJ8 while using the SCS1d deck platter(vynil on) the track is a bit jumpy,and sometimes starts/stops, very quickly,like if I touched the vynil/platter.
looking forward
thank you

Posted Tue 20 May 14 @ 5:25 pm
vdj_pARtybOy wrote :
yes I can confirm,just tried VDJ7(TP2) and the tracks play fine,on VDJ8 while using the SCS1d deck platter(vynil on) the track is a bit jumpy,and sometimes starts/stops, very quickly,like if I touched the vynil/platter.
looking forward
thank you

I have Two SCS.1D, no scs.1m (external mixer instead). I have the same issue with slightly different speeds. It seems to get closer as the decks play for a while. Sometimes I will let the tables run with VDJ 7.4 up for a bit before playing on them. Not sure if it is a mechanical thing for something with the communication. I did try it once in Tracktor, and the problem wasn't there. As for VDJ8, the problem seems to be oddly more pronounced, particularly at start up. I will try letting them run for a bit tonight before playing on them, and see if that makes any change in VDJ8.

Glad to meet some more scs.1D users :) Looking forward to the fixes, but will be patient :)

Posted Tue 20 May 14 @ 5:31 pm
right,they run perfect in Traktor. probably its a VDJ problem! I'm confused now, I just noticed exactly what you said about running VDJ7 then VDJ8,I have testing the deck and mixer, switching between softwares,Traktor Pro2 with daRouter,closed TP2+dRouter,opened VDJ7.41,tested,close vdj7 then and VDJ8,and sometimes it works OK,sometimes I got platter issues, very bad ones, but always fine in VDJ7 and TP2.so still some work on the deck,platter issues,LCD windows off,no text, Deck indicator off.
thanks for the feedbacks SBDJ

I have another problem with the forum site,I cant read the text and "post options" like edit on the right of the screen,the site cuts a little of the right windows,I must copy all text and paste on notepad to read the comments!LOL

Posted Tue 20 May 14 @ 5:44 pm
For clarity, when I run 7.41 the problem is barely noticeable. Really the only way I notice it, is if I have two tracked beatmatched perfectly, and if they run long enough, things will start to go out of beat. Again, though, the problem seems to become less or disappear after running the decks for a while. However, in VDJ8, the problem is much more noticeable. Oddly enough, one time when I started it, it seemed fine. Then I closed down VDJ8, and started up 7.4 because I was comparing sound quality. Closed down 7.4, and started up version 8, and the problem was fairly pronounced, so it seems kind of random to me too. I think there is something going on with the communication, atleast with version 8. The very slight issue I see with this in 7.4 could just be that one deck really does run slightly slower, but I am fairly certain the more pronounced problem in version 8 is a program issue, or possibly a setting issue.

I think Traktor handles the platters differently. I think it actually takes control from the platters after a second or so of smooth playing, and then only gives back control when traktor senses a change in motion within a set of parameters from the platters. I could be wrong about this, but I suspect this may be the case.

Posted Tue 20 May 14 @ 6:56 pm
thanks for the feedback sleeperawaken ;)
lets hope these problems get fixed.
looking forward

Posted Wed 21 May 14 @ 2:12 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)