Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ 8.0 Technical Support

Topic: License transfer?

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

I can't seem to get 8 to take my Pro license. I thought it would automagically pull the existing license, but it doesn't. Manually entering my key into 8 doesn't work either.....

Posted Sun 11 May 14 @ 12:41 pm
apopsisdjPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2003
Your serial number is registered in your account but it is not needed for the software installation anymore.
Simply login when prompted at VirtualDJ start-up (or in config -> Licenses)
(Login is Case sensitive)

Posted Sun 11 May 14 @ 12:46 pm
In V8 there's no serial number

You need to log in with your Virtualdj account

Posted Sun 11 May 14 @ 12:47 pm
You can still put your serial number in manually, but VDJ 8 always asks to go online before accepting it.

Posted Sun 11 May 14 @ 12:48 pm
Ah, I see now. I had logged in with a Google ID, but I needed to login with my VDJ user/pass.

Posted Sun 11 May 14 @ 12:53 pm
Google ID works if you have added that google mail on your account

Posted Sun 11 May 14 @ 12:54 pm
Duh...having 4 or 5 Google IDs means one would need to use the right one too....

Posted Sun 11 May 14 @ 1:13 pm
Unless you link them in Google I believe... (but not sure)

Posted Sun 11 May 14 @ 1:19 pm
I never connected my GIG laptop to any Network (even home). Never did any OS updates ever... If I need to update my video card driver, I download it with another machine.

I'm that paranoid. This is my GIG Machine and I don't want to (if I can avoid it) connecting it to any network.

How would you go about installing version 8 on this machine ?

If I need to connect it in order to activate, will it ask again in later time to get verify again ? or is just this one time install to verify ?

Posted Sun 11 May 14 @ 11:20 pm
The Magic.DJ wrote :
I never connected my GIG laptop to any Network (even home). Never did any OS updates ever... If I need to update my video card driver, I download it with another machine.

I'm that paranoid. This is my GIG Machine and I don't want to (if I can avoid it) connecting it to any network.

How would you go about installing version 8 on this machine ?

If I need to connect it in order to activate, will it ask again in later time to get verify again ? or is just this one time install to verify ?

Contact support, they can generate for you an offline license file that you can put with a usb key on your laptop.

(or, if you're ready to get it online once, the answer to your second question is yes, it will stay activated forever if it never connects to internet again)

Posted Sun 11 May 14 @ 11:30 pm
Thanks for the answer.

Once I'm ready to install it in my GIG laptop (just doing a lot of reading first about the GOOD and BAD), I will connect it to my home network to get it verify.

My other question is, I use my home PC for playing around or practicing, would this affect my installation process with my GIG laptop later if I install VDJ with my PC at home ? I like to give V8 a try before installing it in my GIG machine.

Posted Mon 12 May 14 @ 6:57 am
Any idea how often it has to verify online? I usually never access the internet at a gig. Just making sure I won't be stuck at a gig without access to my software.

Many thanks,

Scott

Posted Mon 12 May 14 @ 7:32 am
As long as you don't give the machine access to the internet, your license info will be retained.

Even if it does have access, it won't require you to login again unless you've used 8 on another machine since.

Posted Mon 12 May 14 @ 7:35 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)