Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ 8.0 Technical Support

Topic: First impressions - Page: 18

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

I'm having some strange mapping problems with VDJ8 and my controller (Versadeck)
I contacted them about the issue and they said to contact VDJ and vice versa. I was able to correct the loop in & loop out issue but the main problems I'm still having is with the source select button, when in MIDI on VDJ this button will switch controls between decks 1 & 3 and decks 2 & 4. The button on either side of the controller is for whatever reason switching the same side (2 & 4), checked again in VDJ7 and it works fine as it's suppose to. The other major problem i'm having is the controller has 3 modes, Vinyl mode which works fine, CDJ mode which also works fine and A.Cue Scratch which is not working at all in VDJ8, it's behaving identically to Vinyl mode which shouldn't be the case (this mode also still works in VDJ7).
A few other minor things I noticed where how with VDJ8 on the controller ONLY the R VU LED indicator lights up (both light up in USB mode as well as in VJD7) again not a major issue but still its weird. Can some1 advise me as to whether this is just a mapping thing and how to get it updated/corrected.

Posted Tue 13 May 14 @ 2:04 pm
Eamon Ryan wrote :
Love the new look and sound , maybe this is only a trivial thing but the clock display is extremely small , too small to be functiional to be honest.

The clock is ridiculously small font and too transparent. Even on my 24" 1920x1200 monitor I can barely read it without getting real close to the screen. Please make it bigger and clearer.

Posted Tue 13 May 14 @ 2:04 pm
yeah we can do that ;)

Posted Tue 13 May 14 @ 2:10 pm
dj_kandre wrote :
I'm having some strange mapping problems with VDJ8 and my controller (Versadeck)

not sure, but might be a mapper problem. Try revert to factory default for the mapper, just to verify if its a case of an old mapper or something

Posted Tue 13 May 14 @ 2:12 pm
OK, I'll try that

Posted Tue 13 May 14 @ 2:19 pm
I have the mac daddy of macs... while the meter show just 2 cpu bars of usage I am experiencing major lag with vdj8, anyone else? other than that I am loving it but the sound is ...well... AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted Tue 13 May 14 @ 2:33 pm
asthedj wrote :
Did a set ON vdj-Radio last NIGHT VDJ-8 work OUT VERY well the ONLY thing the jogs NO control over it but the was a TESt the NEW sam-ples LOVE them hard to get to @1st LIVE Playing but work that OUT the auto-gain need some love and the ghosts look on the pitch from off set your controller are nice also.your guys R on it. the link in blueVVVVVV 2 ck it OUT

http://virtualdjradio.com/djsets/djset.php?mixid=8006-2

I was in chat last night and caught that set it was awesome! great tracks bro!

Posted Tue 13 May 14 @ 2:57 pm
taylaPRO InfinityMember since 2007
Just in case the dev team missed this... for the video sample bank, it needs to have on screen size and positioning options please.

Posted Tue 13 May 14 @ 3:34 pm
I have 2 issues I have come across as I have been having fun shaking the bugs out of my rig as I prep it for stage use.

1. When I begin to scratch there is a slight jump sometimes if I am scratching the beginning of the song. As if it's trying to sync itself on beat ( and yes beatlock is off lol).

2. I'm having trouble understanding how to utilize the sampler now. I used to use clip bank to show a default video clip/animation (i.e. digital juice jumpbacks) that would automatically play if I was using an audio track that had no video. How do I do that in VDJ8? (btw every other question I have continues to be explained well and I am loving the new software!)

Posted Tue 13 May 14 @ 4:41 pm
also...... any daylight skins?

Posted Tue 13 May 14 @ 4:49 pm
Since the updates today my CPU runs steady between 25 and 35%. Nothing loaded on the decks, VDJ is just sitting idle.

Posted Tue 13 May 14 @ 5:39 pm
What was it before? What was it in v7?

Are you saying it's bad?

Posted Tue 13 May 14 @ 5:50 pm
Im having a few issues. I am using osx 10.9.2 with a denon hc4500, As i realise that the Hc4500 skin is not really your issue Im having a couple of problems on the controller. First non of the artist or track details are being displayed. Second my effects buttons are not doing anything even though there are effects assigned. The font size on the standard skin is a little on the small side even though I'm on a 15 inch macbook.

Posted Tue 13 May 14 @ 6:24 pm
adjnuPRO InfinityMember since 2005
VDJGASM....phew, the sound engine is awesome, i played 2 of the same song together to phase them and got a different cleaner "jet" sound wow!!!

Posted Tue 13 May 14 @ 6:33 pm
dj-in-norway wrote :
yeah if you press sync and pitch goes out of range so to speak, it will change the range automagically to adapt for that.. a good feature, else it would be rock bottom at 12% not showing it was actually at 15% .. etc ;)

Is there a way to disable this so it will only sync songs within the pitch range selected , sometimes it has pitched songs up to 35 percent or more. Must say though , really like the new version , job well done

Posted Tue 13 May 14 @ 6:38 pm
autoPitchRange

Posted Tue 13 May 14 @ 6:39 pm
I will assume the answer is yes but just in case something has changed. Will 8 still support the controllers shown on 7.4.1 list?
http://www.virtualdj.com/wiki/VirtualDJ%20Controllers.html

Second question, will there be any additions to the plug in list shown at the bottom of the above mentioned controller list page? I am more interested in the flagship decks of Denon, SC2900s and SC3900s.

The following units are officially supported but require Mapping files installation from our Plugin Download Page. These will be added in next software release.
Note : The following devices can not be tested with Home Free version, as the mapping files are reserved to Pro Full licensed users

• Denon MC6000-MK2
• Pioneer DDJ-SB
• Pioneer DDJ-SR
• Pioneer DDJ-SP1
• Numark NS7II

Posted Tue 13 May 14 @ 6:46 pm
JeremKPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
Yes VirtualDJ 8 still supports all of those controllers.

There will certainly be some additions as new controllers are out since v7.4.1 release.

SC2900 and SC3900 have a mapper in v8.

Posted Tue 13 May 14 @ 7:01 pm
Thank you

Posted Tue 13 May 14 @ 7:03 pm
Filter knobs on DDJ-SX arent mapped correctly the left side ones aren't selecting the same on-screen knobs as the right decks.

The first and second knob on deck one controls the filter levels, on the second deck its the second and third knob. Also no way to select effects on the controller (ideally should be the first knob).

Top waveforms type selection doesn't appear to be remembered on restart either (PC version)

Posted Tue 13 May 14 @ 7:08 pm
47%