Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Wishes and new features

Topic: Quick Reset

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

I would like to see in a future Version of VDJ a "quick rest" button.

What I mean by quick reset is. Lets say you controller becomes unplugged you using its Asio driver sound card other than the head phone jack.

If your deck becomes unplugged either because USB / firewire / midi comes unplugged, or the Power switch gets knocked, or there is a quick jitter in power ie power of the whole establishment goes off for a full second and flashes back on. The laptop wouldn't be effected by a short power loss. but everything else would.

Anyway. Having some sort of button or quick Key command to reset Virtual DJ and to have VDJ recognized the decks / Controller. super quick would be nice.

Rather than have to Kill VDJ and restart it..

Just my thoughts..

If there is a quicker easier way that restart VDJ please let me know, post it in this forum so everyone else knows, but please send me a private message with a link back to this forum thread :) thanks

Posted Thu 30 Jan 14 @ 9:00 pm
you can reconnect your controllers my mapping "reinit_controller" to your keyboard or a button on your skin. but your controller should be recognized automatically, It's the soundcard attached to the controller that stops the playback.

If your soundcard get's disconnected you can go into the config-->sound config and press apply. You want to make sure your volume is turned down if your using a loud speaker system as it will pop when it reconnects to your soundcard. I haven't had my soundcard disconnected from an internal error since Version 6 though.

I don't think there should be a script command to reinit the soundcard as if it's on your keyboard you could accidentally hit it. Three mouse clicks is fine for me.

Posted Thu 30 Jan 14 @ 9:20 pm
Thanks,

I want to hit my head against the wall a few times. Over this.

I feel like I already knew this, but some how manged to forget it really is just that simple.

Posted Fri 31 Jan 14 @ 3:08 pm
Interesting topic this - I wonder if when the sound card disconnects for whatever reason whether VDJ can detect this and display a pop up window with a "reconnect" button?

Absolutely agree that 3 clicks is no problem but when panic sets in and you have no sound - this could be an easy option.

Something like this perhaps:

Posted Fri 31 Jan 14 @ 6:51 pm
that's a good idea Dan

Posted Fri 31 Jan 14 @ 7:29 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)