Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Wishes and new features

Topic: Scratch Plugins?

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

DJRobyPRO InfinityMember since 2004
would be delightful to see some scratch plugins, at least some basic ones (not too complex) in the future for those (including me) who are not turntabilsts. I have some scratch samples but a scratch plugin would also be a bonus for VDJ...just a suggestion.

Posted Tue 10 Dec 13 @ 3:44 am
Like GrossBeat in Deckadance...

I posted about that back in March -> click here

Posted Tue 10 Dec 13 @ 5:49 am
Take the time to learn yourself, it's much more gratifying..........

Posted Tue 10 Dec 13 @ 12:11 pm
Yes, but there are limitations to what you can do on a controller.

Some us don't want to take turntables and vinyl to gigs any more.

Posted Tue 10 Dec 13 @ 2:48 pm
We can make excuses all day as to why you don't learn but the fact is that it entirely possible to scratch with almost all of today's controllers.......

Really your scratches don't even have to be that complex either to sound good. So name a controller and I'll find a video of someone scratching with it and it sounds decent.

Time and practice is all you need........ So I stand by my statement.

Posted Tue 10 Dec 13 @ 3:10 pm
Sorry beatbreaker could not help myself lol ;-)

Posted Wed 11 Dec 13 @ 1:01 pm
Lmao! You got me but I did say with "Almost all of today's controllers", lol!

Posted Wed 11 Dec 13 @ 1:27 pm
you can use a twitch to do simple scratches, it has a relative mode and a touch sensor on the touch pads, that's all you need. But I'm with Huey, it's much better to learn the technique than use a plugin.

Other than if your not willing to learn that just load the sampler with a scratched sample, you never actually scratch the track you're playing so you don't need a sample from it, most usually use "Ahhhhh this beat is really Fresh" from "change the beat - fab five freddy" and every scratch record ever made.

Posted Wed 11 Dec 13 @ 4:02 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)