Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Data Base (Search) not working right

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

im having issues with this for a long time now

first of all I often get ERROR when trying to load a song, maybe its because the song had been moved in the past or something but the database still remembers the old location. im not sure. but its very frustrating and it means I cannot ever trust Virtual DJ to load a song in a short time frame because I may find myself having to try multiple times to find one version that loads.

second
I have an old music collection which I do not want to show up in my searches, I click "remove from search database" and guess what, it still shows up in the searches.

but worse again.

only certain songs show up.
I noticed now, today and last night. I type the name of a certain song, and nothing shows up. then I try the name of the artist, and somewhere in the list of results I can see the song I was looking for, why didn't it come up when I typed the name of the song?

but wo

Posted Sat 25 May 13 @ 7:14 am
For issue Nr.1:
Open config, go to "Browser" tab, and hit hte "Check - Clean - Fix" buttons for all the drives that appear on the databases drop-down menu.
Be sure to allow some time between the clicks so that the operations complete normally...

Now check if your issue Nr.2 is still present...

Posted Sat 25 May 13 @ 11:36 am

Posted Sat 25 May 13 @ 2:26 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)