Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Drives disappearing midway through play

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Hi I bought a new Macbook Pro after always being a windows user. I used it for the first time last night and had problems during the gig so quickly switched to my backup windows laptop. Same problem happened again tonight!

Everything was working well, got through around 10 songs, lined a few more up and then they all disappeared!! Frantically I tried searching for another song to play but there were none! Within VDJ the external drive and the local computer drives (both had mp3s) were showing a cross against them and i could not access the drives to pull off any songs! Fortunately for me it happened well after the first dance tonight otherwise i'd have had a very unhappy couple!

I have now lost total confidence in VDJ with the Mac. Has this happened to anyone before? This afternoon well before my gig i went into VDJ and selected Config-Browser and then 'check', 'clean' and 'fix' then added the drives to the search DB. The reason I did this is when I was lining up a playlist in the afternoon some of the tracks showed 'error' within VDJ.

Posted Mon 06 May 13 @ 2:57 pm
No ideas anyone?

Posted Wed 08 May 13 @ 6:54 pm
AsTheDJPRO InfinityMember since 2008
I all way refresh my music on my Mac and My ex-Hd before playing,set some of the folder as fav from your ex-HD then keep then in a sub folder,that when the Ex-Hd dont go to sleep,and ck your setting on your Macbook pro so it will not go to sleep/and not see the Ex-Hd when you need it.

Posted Wed 08 May 13 @ 7:03 pm
Try keeping all your music on a external drive.

Posted Fri 10 May 13 @ 3:41 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)