Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: 1st Time Every - Frozen During Auto Mix

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

HVDJPRO InfinityMember since 2007
I am really scared and confused about what happened at my party today. Hopefully somebody has some advice. I have a computer with very good specs and over 600 free gigs on the internal drive. i7, terrabite, 8 gigs of ram

I do not know if there is any connection, the only new thing I have installed on my computer was an application to upload music to a samsung phone although I uninstalled it before my party.

My wireless internet was turned on as well when this happened. As always, I had nothing running except for virtual dj.

I was away from my laptop and had my system set to AUTOMIX. It simply just froze in the middle of a song. The same songs, same mix, I have played dozens of times before.

I did not the program running very slow before it happened, I restarted and didn't think anything of it.

I restarted the program and did not run automix for the rest of the party. No other problems happened.

I use a Denon HC4500 controller. Any thought? I can't have it freeze during the auto mix... I will never be able to eat dinner at a party again!

Posted Fri 15 Mar 13 @ 2:17 am
If you are using the Denon Asio driver, it can eventually run out of buffer and stop the music.

If you're not using the jog dials for scratching then use WDM drivers (4.1) instead.

Keith

Posted Fri 15 Mar 13 @ 4:43 am
I am doing a party right now... im scared the music is just going to stop!!

Is there any connection to me being on auto mix?

I am using the Denon Asio Driver. It was the beginning of a party. How does it run out? How do I recharge it? :-)

Anything I can do to prevent this?

What is the other WDM thing you are mentioning? Is that better than the Denon Asio driver?

Posted Fri 15 Mar 13 @ 7:05 pm
Anyone have an advice on how I can avoid having this happen again? I can't DJ with the idea that my music can stop at any point!!

Posted Wed 20 Mar 13 @ 3:14 am
I'll try to put this as simple as I can:

On the world of computers, s*!t can just happen out of the blue.
If your freeze was a single incident then you don't need to worry that much and you can relax. It could be a random issue caused by your OS, or even a momentary AC power spike/loss on the venue you were attending.
If the problem persists then (and only then) you should start troubleshooting the issue.
If your system was working flawlessly before but suddenly it become unstable then there must be a reason and you must find it.
New/updated drivers, new software, even new windows updates could be the coolprint here. But you should not dig-in unless the problem re-appears!

Posted Wed 20 Mar 13 @ 3:38 am

Posted Wed 20 Mar 13 @ 5:40 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)