Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: USB Computer Speakers.

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

So i have an audio splitter and computer speakers but i believe the sound coming from my speakers when i plug them into the splitter is coming from the USB plug-in is there a way to fix this?

Posted Fri 08 Mar 13 @ 10:53 am
You'll need to be much more specific about exactly what it is you're using, and what you're trying to do.

Posted Fri 08 Mar 13 @ 11:13 am
ok so never mind about the speakers i got that figured out but i have both an Y cable and a sound card and when i use the sound card i have the speakers plugged in and set up but i hear the sound coming from my headphones only when i play both. and when i use my Y cable the i hear the sound coming from the speakers and the headphones or sometimes i can hear the one thats got the volume down play through my speakers and not my headphones. 2 days ago i had both the sound card and Y cable figured out now it doesnt work.

my usb soundcard: http://www.amazon.com/Sabrent-USB-Sound-Card-USB-SND8/dp/B001D1PWGM

my Y Cable: http://www.amazon.com/Griffin-Technology-GC20007-DJ-Cable/dp/B0056XAWOU/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1362951448&sr=8-1&keywords=griffin+dj+cable

i dont think its my heaphones but if it is i have a pair of pioneer HDJ 500's

Posted Sun 10 Mar 13 @ 4:38 pm
I understand you even less now! Can you not explain in a way that others can comprehend?

Posted Sun 10 Mar 13 @ 6:17 pm
if you have a usb sound card, and an internal sound card, then you no longer need a Y splitter. the Y splitter is if you DONT have 2 sound cards, or an external mixer/controller with a built in sound card. so now that you have 2 sound cards, you need to use your external sound card as the main sound output, and the USB sound card for cueing through headphones. just select 2 soundcard setup in vdj and set it one way, and if it doesn't work as I explained, then switch the card settings around (trial and error). you want to use your internal sound for the main sound as it would be a more solid source with least amount of failure, you can still finish a gig if the USB sound card were to come unplugged.

if you don't have an internal sound card (or it doesn't work for some reason).... well.... now you might want to consider buying a new laptop or buying one to put in your desktop.

hope this helps

-cheers

Posted Wed 13 Mar 13 @ 1:35 am
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005

Posted Wed 13 Mar 13 @ 1:45 am

Posted Wed 13 Mar 13 @ 6:07 am
djdad wrote :
I have the feeling that you dont have the correct Y-Splitter

He has a Griffin DJ Cable (well that's what he linked to) so it's not just a normal stereo splitter cable.

Posted Wed 13 Mar 13 @ 6:47 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)