Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Mixtrack Pro Mapping

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Hi

I'm relatively new to virtual dj and just purchased a mixtrack pro, I would like to map the bass eq crossfader to my mixtrack so I do not have to use the mouse when moving from deck A to B. Any suggestions what is the best way to achieve this?

Any other mapping advice would be great full.

Thanks.

Posted Tue 05 Mar 13 @ 5:49 pm
The Mixtrack Pro works with VDJ right out of the box, no need to map. You do however need a registered copy to use with it.

Posted Tue 05 Mar 13 @ 10:25 pm
Hi yes i know that, i was just wanting to map the bass eq crossfader to the mixtrack so i dont have to use the computers mouse in a view to make a smoother mix

Posted Wed 06 Mar 13 @ 1:52 am
Bass EQ cross fader? You'll need to be more specific.

What version of VDJ are you using (number and name)? What skin are you using?

Posted Wed 06 Mar 13 @ 5:17 am
Hi it's the latest version of vdj, and the mix lab 3.1 skin. I want to be able to move the base eq cross fader on my mixtrack, is it possible to use the cross fader to do this as a second function ?

Posted Wed 06 Mar 13 @ 6:54 am
Using vdj pro trial

Posted Wed 06 Mar 13 @ 10:16 am
I guess you've been watching the DJ Ravine video on YouTube where he says that a crossfade EQ is "extremely important to pull off a really good mix".....

In my opinion that's not the case at all. You don't need a crossfade EQ. In fact if you learn the "Ravine way" it'll hinder you if/when you ever get to mix on proper DJ hardware in a club etc. because you won't find "crossfade EQ" on 99% of mixers.

Start with the standard skin and learn to mix just using the channel faders. No need for even a crossfader to begin with.

There are plenty of other DJ tutorials on YouTube that are based on a standard mixer layout and don't make daft statements like Ravine!

Posted Wed 06 Mar 13 @ 2:22 pm
Yeah i did and there is also alot of backing behind this method. Any videos that you suggest?

Posted Wed 06 Mar 13 @ 3:28 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)