Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Where's the virtual folder info at?

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Hey all,

I previously I had all my files on a external hard drive. I recently updated my hard drive in my laptop and moved all the songs to my laptop. I change the partition of the drive to "F". This was the label of my external drive.

What I can't seem to find is where the virtual folder info out and play count at?

I lost all this information when I moved the my list over.

When i plug in my hard drive, Now reading letter "E" because "F" is the partition drive.. VDJ finds the play count and Virtual folders automatically.

Is there a way I can pull this file, where ever it is, over to my lap top drive?

Posted Sun 03 Mar 13 @ 7:06 pm
the XML file is in the ROOT of the DRIVE (E:\)

Separate hard drives have there own XML files on the ROOT (E:\)

Posted Mon 04 Mar 13 @ 9:26 am
Can i pull that file over to the new hard drive?

Posted Mon 04 Mar 13 @ 12:26 pm
I found the HTML file of VirtualDJ Local Database v6

Copied that over and nothing.

Posted Mon 04 Mar 13 @ 12:29 pm
You will need to merge the databases using an XML editor.

There will be a new one in your C drive virtualdj folder and the old one on the root of your external drive (which you seem to have found)

If you're stuck you can email them to me and I can do it for you.

Keith

Posted Mon 04 Mar 13 @ 12:53 pm
Keith, this would help me out a lot... I even tried dropping the file from my external into the one on the computer and that didn't work.

Not sure how to merge the files... did you want me to email them or attach here>

Posted Mon 04 Mar 13 @ 1:02 pm
Got it to work. .. I had to change the file name form VirtualDJ Local Database v6 to VirtualDJ Database v6. Took out the local and the copy and paste worked fine.

Keith, thanks for your time.

Posted Mon 04 Mar 13 @ 1:07 pm
Excellent. As long as everything is there then that was another way of achieving the same thing without merging them.

Keith

Posted Mon 04 Mar 13 @ 1:23 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)