Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Wishes and new features

Topic: Karaoke Functions

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

I have been a Virtual DJ user and supporter for many years. As an Electronics Engineer and DJ for the past 40 years I can really appreciate the ability that tools like Virtual DJ provide our industry. The addition of the Karaoke function has made the software package more useful for many different types of events. However, the Karaoke functions of Virtual DJ fall short of those available from dedicated Karaoke software. I have recently taken on a job is a Karaoke Host a local club. The club patrons are used to a much more capable Karaoke presentation package used by my predecessor. Virtual DJ, in its current form, does not provide the abilities these customers demand.

Therefore, I have created a simple “wish list” of functions I would like to see integrated into the Virtual DJs Karaoke function.

1. Advance rotation listing. The ability to display the next 5 to 10 singers from the rotation list. This could be done with a scrolling, numbered list across the bottom of the second screen. It would also be desirable to display this list vertically in between songs to keep the singers updated. This function would give waiting singers the ability to see when their turn would occur.
2. The ability to automatically (or manually) play music from a predetermined playlist in between karaoke singers or to display some graphics.
3. Maintain a history that more easily reflects Karaoke singers from past shows. The current history function is limited and is not tied to a singer.

These simple functions would increase the ability of virtual DJ to match and function as many of the available Karaoke dedicated software packages performs. Without this ability, I would be forced to use a dedicated Karaoke software package to best serve clients of this and other Karaoke establishments.

Posted Mon 18 Feb 13 @ 4:33 pm
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
You have posted this in the video thread, so I will lock this one.

Posted Mon 18 Feb 13 @ 4:53 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)