Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Need help guys

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

i run a hp pavilion dv6 with a stanton djc.4 when i play static and the music starts to crackle badly i wanna know if i need to replace the drivers or soundcard or should i go to mac or something i need help guys i cant do partys its becoming annoying.

Cheers jack.

Posted Wed 13 Feb 13 @ 5:08 pm
Assuming you've installed the Supplied ASIO drivers, you may need to adjust the latency setting from Stanton ASIO control panel or change one of the VDJ sound config settings.

How do you have it set up currently?

Posted Wed 13 Feb 13 @ 5:40 pm
DJJAMMPRO InfinityMember since 2005
what are the specs of your computer and waht are the minimum reccommende specs of the stanton controller you are using
hope i can help

DJ JAMM

Posted Wed 13 Feb 13 @ 6:49 pm
I had this issue too.. i had to open the sound controler in config and press apply... I also had a issue this week when my laptop battery was low as it is running my ubs sound card... the battery dies and so does my quality...

Posted Wed 13 Feb 13 @ 7:10 pm
my pc is up to standard and is always plugged into the charger it just crackles and skips after 10 mins use its pre much brand new everything do i need to get new drivers or new soundcard or what

Posted Wed 13 Feb 13 @ 9:08 pm

Posted Thu 14 Feb 13 @ 5:31 am
Dj_earwrecked wrote :
i run a hp pavilion dv6 with a stanton djc.4 when i play static and the music starts to crackle badly i wanna know if i need to replace the drivers or soundcard or should i go to mac or something i need help guys i cant do partys its becoming annoying.

Cheers jack.

Similar to this problem by any chance?:

http://www.virtualdj.com/forums/165102/PC_Version_Technical_Support/Distorted_Playback_after_random_amount_of_time.html

This problem's been there with Virtual DJ since the day I first purchased it, and is unlikely to go away any time soon (unless maybe Virtual DJ 8 has improved their sound engine...?).

I've had this problem across countless versions of Virtual DJ (all v7 versions, including v7.3), 2 different laptops (HP and Samsung), 3 different set ups (CD Timecode, and 2 different MIDI controllers), 3 different soundcards (HP, Numark and Hercules), and 2 different operating systems (Windows Vista x64 and Windows 7 x64).

Basically, it's a bug in Virtual DJ. I've never experienced this problem in Serato.

And it scares the hell out of me every time I play out because I don't know if it's going to happen at some point during my set. Restarting Virtual DJ doesn't always resolve the problem, nor does clicking 'Apply' in the sound setup screen.

groovindj wrote :
Assuming you've installed the Supplied ASIO drivers, you may need to adjust the latency setting from Stanton ASIO control panel or change one of the VDJ sound config settings.

This is why we need preconfigured profiles, and user configurable profiles, to be shipped with Virtual DJ. No one (except the developers of Virtual DJ) really knows what effect changing the latency settings will have on any setup.

Support staff wrote :
Please ensure that your computer has been optimised for DJ performance:

http://www.virtualdj.com/wiki/Performance%20Issues.html

What happens if we have done all that and the problem remains?

Posted Thu 14 Feb 13 @ 2:51 pm
If you are still experiencing problems, then this could be compatibility issues with the drivers. Try installing any updates from the manufacturer (If available.) If it's an ASIO sound card, then try changing its settings to 16-bit, 44.1Khz if available.

Also, make sure that power saving is disabled for the sound card's USB device in Windows Device Manager (Some computers may attempt to apply power saving to the device, which can cause problems.) If your computer has USB 3 ports, try plugging it into a USB 2 port if available or use an external powered USB hub (This can also help if the controller does not have its own power supply and your computer is not supplying sufficient power to the USB port.)

djnanite wrote :
Basically, it's a bug in Virtual DJ. I've never experienced this problem in Serato.

For the vast majority of users, VirtualDJ works perfectly.

Serato only supports a limited selection of audio hardware and native controllers. VirtualDJ is far more open software that can be used with almost any hardware of your own choice and the number of possible combinations are almost infinite.

Posted Fri 15 Feb 13 @ 6:11 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)