Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Lags and Freezing during Keystrokes and Folder Browsing

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

I\'ve been running VDJ pro twice a week for running Music Videos since November without any issues. Suddenly, as of Friday, VDJ Pro is running faulty.

Problem: While Running VDJ Pro 7.3, whenever I click the drop down box to My Computer, I get an hour glass, and the program freezes for about 10 seconds before my drives and folders show up. When I type in the search field, each character freezes the software for about 5 seconds per keystroke. Music in the background plays fine, but the videos freeze. The issues with freezing also occur when loading a song into a deck. These issues came about out of nowhere since my machine is only used for work, and there hasn\'t been any changes or updates made.

--I\'ve tried uninstalling the program and reinstalling it with no success.
--I\'ve tried running version 7.2 with no success.
--I\'ve tried a system restore for my laptop with no success.
--My Music library runs off of an External Hard Drive which is powered via an outlet; and the issues persist wither or not it\'s plugged in at all.
--I\'ve opened up VirtualDJ Home Free v7.3, and noticed that none of the problems I\'m having with FULL PRO occur in the free version.

I\'ve searched the forums and seen people with similar issues, though none offered a concrete solution. And neither of the prior users mentioned using Windows 8.

Posted Mon 04 Feb 13 @ 8:59 pm
I had a loptop with same sort of issues, random pauses, mostly with file operations, purchased a new laptop to keep me going.

when i had some spare time , tried to sort my old lappy out, even went down to a full OS install, still the same .

ended up being the hard drive, new hard drive fitted and all is well (typing on it now). so well worth backing up everything..

Posted Mon 04 Feb 13 @ 9:32 pm

Posted Tue 05 Feb 13 @ 5:48 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)