Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Can't edit bpm in VDJ limited/wego

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

So yeah i brought the wego and it came with the virtual DJ limited edition for wego, and the function to manually edit bpm is gone.

To make matters worse is VDJ likes to change the bpm of songs to 127.64 when it should be 128...

I'm contemplating reverting back to the free edition right now if theres no fix for it... given the free one can support my wego...

Posted Mon 04 Feb 13 @ 4:16 am
If VDJ has calculated 127.64 then that's the average BPM of that track.

Why do you say it "should be" 128? Where are you getting that figure?

If you want it to play at 128 then adjust the pitch.

Posted Mon 04 Feb 13 @ 4:20 am
Because I'm looking at the beat grid for the waveform and it's not matching up and also previously when i had the free edition on VDJ it shows a perfect 128. But now every other song has a problem with 127.95 and off figures like that. The problem is I can't get it to a perfect 128 on the tempo sliders and even then it's only temporary.

Posted Mon 04 Feb 13 @ 4:27 am
The home free version does not support midi controllers.

Keith

Posted Mon 04 Feb 13 @ 4:32 am
The beat grid won't always exactly match with the waveform of a track.

As I said, the BPM calculation is an average, taken from over the entire track.

The tempo of a song may not be the same alll the way through, but DJ software will only analyze the whole track & give one BPM and key.

It's up to you as a DJ to listen to the songs and adjust them as required when mixing. Don't expect the software to do everything for you!!

Posted Mon 04 Feb 13 @ 4:35 am
Thanks for your advice but that's not what im looking for. I'm not looking for the software to do the mixing for me, it's just when i set my cue points on a drop or something and the beat grid does not match the songs beat due to a difference in bpm detected and reality it messes up the sync for a smooth transition for me.

I'm just looking for a way to edit the bpm manually on the limited edition for WEGO, it used to be right clicking on the bpm button the free edition so is there still a way in the limited edition for me to do that or do i have to go pro.

Posted Mon 04 Feb 13 @ 4:44 am
supermaneric wrote :
when i set my cue points on a drop

You should still be able to set cue points at any position, regardless of where the beat grid lines are.

supermaneric wrote :
it messes up the sync for a smooth transition for me.

You should learn not to rely on sync, for the reasons given. It's only there to assist mixing, not to take the job away from the DJ.

supermaneric wrote :
is there still a way in the limited edition for me to do that

Check page 16 of the WeGo manual.

Posted Mon 04 Feb 13 @ 5:00 am
thanks found it on the browsing screen.

And about sync, honestly i started up as a producer then had to learn how to DJ to promote my music and since i started on the VDJ i have no idea what using like the CDJ 350 are like. Beat matching doesn't seem very hard but i'll see to it when i receive better gear :)

Posted Mon 04 Feb 13 @ 5:11 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)