Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Virtual DJ and VMS4.1

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Hi All,

I am having a few issues with sound setup and I think it's my Virtual DJ rather than my controller setup (but could be wrong!).

The music is playing fine through my speakers but I can't seem to cue up any music via my headphones. I am hearing a song from Deck A through my left earphone and a song from Deck B through my right earphone!

It's driving my insane!

Any suggestions gratefully received!

Posted Fri 25 Jan 13 @ 9:46 am
p.s I have always used Traktor but thought I would try Virtual DJ before taking the jump with Pro Edition!

Posted Fri 25 Jan 13 @ 9:47 am

Posted Fri 25 Jan 13 @ 9:50 am
Hi, thanks for quick reply! :-)

I had a look at that document last night. I couldn't actually find out how to change the config in LE edition!

Posted Fri 25 Jan 13 @ 9:52 am
craig1977 wrote :
Hi, thanks for quick reply! :-)

I had a look at that document last night. I couldn't actually find out how to change the config in LE edition!

The VMS 4.1 also has its own config panel outside of VDJ

Posted Fri 25 Jan 13 @ 10:17 am
when i first got my vms4.1 i was having issues with my crossfader. everything seems to work as it should aslong as i use the following settings:

inputs: none
outputs: external mixer
soundcard : vms4

and yes the unit does have settings on the front of the unit, but it sounds like to me your under "advanced config" or "3 line mixer" and its splitting the headphone into mono deck 1 left, deck 2 right.

hope this helps, cheers

Posted Fri 25 Jan 13 @ 10:48 am
Hi, thanks again for replies. Got a little further...

I am no longer hearing both tracks on either side of my headphones which is good. However....

I still can't listen to the next song that I am cueing via my headphones. If I am playing a song on Deck A the same song is playing through my headphones. If I move the crossfader towards the right (Deck B) I then hear the same song via my speaker and headphones!

Here's my settings on my VMS4.1:

CH1/CH2/CH3/CH4: All set to USB

Cue Mix: Turned all way to left hand side - Cue

Assign CFA: CH2

Assign CFB: CH3

Posted Sat 26 Jan 13 @ 2:05 pm
Just upgraded to the 20 days VDJ Pro version to see if this makes a difference...

Config settings are:

Inputs: None
Outputs: External Mixer
Sounds Card: VMS4

I can no longer hear the music playing on Deck B, only that playing on Deck A (even though they are both showing as playing).

This is driving me insane!! Do I have a faulty controller? Starting to look that way...

Posted Sat 26 Jan 13 @ 3:46 pm
Check the audio routing in the ADJ VMS 4.1 control panel outside of VDJ

Posted Sat 26 Jan 13 @ 3:48 pm
Further update...

within VDJ I changed Output from:

External Mixer (Deck 1: chan 1&2 / Deck 2: chan 3&4)

I can now hear the track playing on Deck 2 but can't hear the track on Deck 1...

Posted Sat 26 Jan 13 @ 3:49 pm
another thing about the vms 4.1 i had to get used to is the PFL buttons, you have 4 of them, you need to make sure the buttons lit up on the controller are the same in VDJ, what i did was disabled the AUTO PFL CUE SWITCH in the vdj program. this might be causing your issue. try playing 2 tracks and make sure the cross fader works w/ your headphones off. make sure NO PFL is lit up on the VMS or in the software, if so disengage the button first, then click with your mouse on the software to turn off. using the controller test each PFL cue button on the controller (vms). hopefully this fixes your problem. i'm not sure if this is an auto switch problem or not, i turned mine off because i prefer to just manually choose mine any how.

cheers

Posted Sat 26 Jan 13 @ 5:05 pm
RobRoyPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2012
craig1977 wrote :
Further update...

I can now hear the track playing on Deck 2 but can't hear the track on Deck 1...

You have a 4 Channel Controller...why do you configure only 2 Decks..?

greetz
rob

Posted Wed 30 Jan 13 @ 2:25 am
roBroY09 wrote :
craig1977 wrote :
Further update...

You have a 4 Channel Controller...why do you configure only 2 Decks..?

greetz
rob

2 deck setup is default and he was having issues with that, so i was just focusing on getting him running 2 decks with no issues, if he wants to advance to 4 deck setup then that's up to him

Posted Wed 30 Jan 13 @ 10:44 am
RobRoyPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2012
Thx for the Information.....so far so good....;-) Craig`s routing is Ch1&2 for Deck 1 and Ch 3&4 for Deck 2. As far as i know are these the channels on the same side of the crossfader. If he want`s to use the LF`s in the middle of the controller he should change the routing into:
Deck 1 Ch3&4 and Deck 2 Ch 5&6. If he is using the 4.1 in the Pre EQ Mode, he also should deactivate the CF in VDJ Config/Options....

greetz
rob

Posted Wed 30 Jan 13 @ 12:59 pm
gullumPRO InfinityMember since 2007
witch 2 channels are you using? the way you have it set up you should the 2 left chanels on the mixer not the 2 center once.

Posted Fri 01 Feb 13 @ 4:28 am
gullum wrote :
witch 2 channels are you using? the way you have it set up you should the 2 left chanels on the mixer not the 2 center once.

no, 2 and 3 are for deck A (1) and deck B (2). channels 1 & 4 are for decks C & D (3 & 4).... well by default, but you could change this if you wanted to i suppose. they designed this so you can differentiate between left and right decks, as if you had 4 tables, 2 on each side, with a mixer in the middle. some people like their ducks in a row i suppose, but to each their own? i believe thats how the saying goes

cheers

Posted Fri 01 Feb 13 @ 1:05 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)