Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Hardware for beginners

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

jon-cprHome userMember since 2013
So I've been using VDJ for a while now and am fairly confident mixing using the mouse and keyboard shortcuts etc, but I would much rather do it manually so what hardware controllers would you guys all recommend that are reasonably suited for a beginner, price wise no more than £300.

Posted Sun 06 Jan 13 @ 4:18 am
stanton djc4.. it should leave you a little change to upgrade to VDJ Pro which will unlock all the goodies VDJ has to offer as LE is a bit meh by comparison. Although it's enough to get you started learning with the basics if you need it.

Posted Sun 06 Jan 13 @ 4:40 am
Is LE the same as the home version? What do u get in the upgraded version? I have been considering updating for a while...

Posted Sun 06 Jan 13 @ 6:39 am

Posted Sun 06 Jan 13 @ 6:47 am
The home version does not work with controllers, it is for mouse/keyboard use only but controllers can be tested for 10 minutes at a time.

LE will only work with the controller it is supplied with. It may be an older version depending on the product and you won't be able to change skins.

Keith

Posted Sun 06 Jan 13 @ 7:13 am
Thanks for responses, my other question is how would I connect the mac and controller to my p.a system sounds silly I know but would I go straight from the controller to my power amp or from the computer, can't believe I'm asking but I have never used my mac as part of my setup before.

Posted Sun 06 Jan 13 @ 7:29 am
When the controller has an onboard sound card (as the DJC4 does) then you connect the output of the controller to your amp, or powered speakers. Other controllers have no onboard sound, so in that case you'd also need an external sound interface - and you'd go from that to your amp/speakers.

It's never a good idea to use your onboard computer sound, as:
1) it's only stereo so you can't cue & play at the same time
2) the quality is often lower as it's consumer grade

Posted Sun 06 Jan 13 @ 8:54 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)