Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: crossfader repair tip

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

well after getting an email from numark saying a replacement crossfader is out of stock until march, I searched the back of the workshop to find a my bottle of magic repair solution!!

well its not magic, but has given my crossfader a new lease of life

its a small bottle of dry powder microfine graphite, I think its normally used for lubricating brass door locks.

mine has been in the back of the workshop for about 16 years, but its easy to find on ebay, about £6.

so if your on screen fader is bouncing all over the place and you need a quick fix, its worth a try !

Posted Sat 05 Jan 13 @ 3:09 am
Usually this sort of problem is due to dirt getting into the crossfader. The same problem can also affect volume and other knobs as well as common used buttons on a MIDI controller.

The best solution is to use proper switch contact cleaning spray (Servisol). This will fix the problem in most cases without causing any damage to the slider.

Please see http://www.virtualdj.com/wiki/Slider%20on%20MIDI%20controller%20works%20erratically.html

Posted Sat 05 Jan 13 @ 2:50 pm
yes servisol spay cleaner will also work, the best spray cleaner was made by Philips , sadly no longer available, so servisol is your only option.

I have found It can make your faders a little harsh, and only works if its dirt. sometimes wear and tear takes its toll on the carbon track on the fader and I have found that the graphite solution offers a better fix, lasts longer and also lubricates, giving a nice silky action, the tip came from my now retired service manager who was in the industry for 50 years, he found it ideal for repairing controls on vintage audio, were the parts were no longer available.

Posted Sun 06 Jan 13 @ 10:41 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)