Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Scan for BPMs crashing on certain files.

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

greghigPRO InfinityMember since 2009
I built a new machine and moved all of my audio/video files. Have to rescan the BPMs. while scanning, it will crash on certain files (all are music video files) and give a fatal error. VDJ (ver 7.3 Pro b422) will lock up and close before I can get a report. Aparently I have many of these files mixed in and had no problem before. I tried to see a difference between a working file and a crashing file but can tell no differance. Whats weird is I can drag the file to a player which will scan and play successfully, just not during the "Scan for BPMs". Any Advice? Is there a way I can upload one of the trouble files so you can test?

I can play the files in media player so its a good file, but aparrently there is something in the file is causing it to crash.

greg

Posted Mon 24 Dec 12 @ 9:13 pm
I sent you 3 emails. hopefully one of them gets through.

Posted Wed 26 Dec 12 @ 2:24 am
djcelPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
Yes thank you. I have just finished to download your file.

Posted Wed 26 Dec 12 @ 3:56 am
What did you use to get this report? The file does play with my media player. (Windows 7, media player 12.0.7601.17514), Some sort of codec problem perhaps?

Posted Wed 26 Dec 12 @ 11:16 am
I dont know how to check, but Ill be glad to send you a few more thats doing the same thing. BTW, they also play fine in media player classic.

greg

Posted Wed 26 Dec 12 @ 10:16 pm
Its been a few days. What happens now? I still need a resolution.

Posted Fri 28 Dec 12 @ 12:24 am
djcelPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
It's on our TODO list.

For the first report, I use "MediaInfo" : http://mediainfo.sourceforge.net
For the second report, I use "MP3val" : http://mp3val.sourceforge.net

However the fix function of MP3val doesn't fix the issue so we need to investigate.

[EDIT] You were right for Windows Media Player. I used a test computer with no codec installed on it.

Posted Sat 29 Dec 12 @ 3:14 pm
More info. Dont know if this has anything to do with the previous problem, but I think its kinda a strange happenstance. I was doing a drive backup from my club pc, when I notice a strange occurence. I use a compare program called "ultra compare" that displays a side-by-side comparison of all the files and lets me easily backup the differences. I did a backup about 2 months ago. when I ran the program, about 85% of all my audio files have changed file sizes from where they were backed up before. All of them SMALLER. The file names are the same and the files seem to play (except the ones listed above, still have issue with those), does VDJ make changes to the tags therefore changeing the size? Some of the files were over 2Kb to 5kb in the size change. I know there are tag updates and I have done a few. but not 85% of my files. (mostly audio, few video). Is there anything in VDJ that automatically changes the tags without telling you?

greg

Posted Wed 30 Jan 13 @ 3:35 pm
No, VDJ will only change tag data if you ask it to in the file info.

Even then, it's on a per track basis as there is no batch updating of tags built in.

Keith

Posted Wed 30 Jan 13 @ 3:47 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)