Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Timecode Vinyl - Keylock

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Is it possible to keylock when using the pitch slider (Basically slowing down/speeding up the record) so only the tempo changes, and not the pitch? Serato can do it. But, I'm on a mission to prove Virtual DJ can take over the vinyl scene...

I have the timecode working FLAWLESSLY, perfect scratching/cutting. Super tight, ultra responsive. Only wall I'm facing is the pitch slider.

P.S. I mean the pitch slider physically on the turntables.

- Purescratch is OFF and set to advanced stretching.

Posted Thu 20 Dec 12 @ 3:38 pm
It will work but when doing quick changes (moving the pitch slider fast) it seems like VDJ forgets that it's on so you'll hear the key change for a second or two, the way around it is to move the slider slow and steady. I've asked about this before cause it doesn't happen with Traktor or Serato. Hopefully when 8 drops this isn't an issue anymore.

Nice to see someone else rocking VDJ with flawless timecode!!

Posted Sat 22 Dec 12 @ 8:34 am
Seriously, if you this issue is resolved, there is no reason why Virtual DJ can't take over the timecode scene. It should also be adjustable.

Like make it so you can increase the pitch range up to 100% using the pitch slider...

Posted Sun 23 Dec 12 @ 3:46 pm
Yes!!!!! That is the problem i am having right now!!!! so an upgrade is needed!!!!

Posted Sat 19 Jan 13 @ 4:33 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)