Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: video lag & memory warning

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

hello

I'm getting a video lag when I press play at some videos, the format or codec doesnt seems to bea an issue here, I play in example a wmv video and plays fine I play another video(different song) with the same codec and when I press play I get a short delay of 2 or 3 seconds before the video starts running, but the audio its already running, after that it catches up with the audio in sync, it happens when I'm mixing the videos, or even sometimes when I play the very first video.
in example I'm at a event and the organizers want me to make a break and start playing a special video they have for the event, so I stop the music videos they make the announcement on the mic, I press play then I get this delay the audio stars running fine and the video starts playing after 2 or 3 seconds and sometimes it takes even more befor it gets in sync with the audio, it's very embarrassing being at the event and having this,

also I'm getting a memory warning Decompressing this file in memory would require some number mb of continuous memory your system has only
I tryed allready the registry tool by dj cel tryed all the settings there and read a lot of posts an none of the seems to have a right answer for that, just making experiments randomly,

I configured my laptop energy settings to maximum perfomance, downloaded the latest drivers from amd website, tryed the videomemmaxuse setting in registry tool, and some other things and it seems to have worked a bit but still getting the warning from time to time not so frequent as in the begining after playing 4 or 5 videos

hope you can help me with any of this issues, it's actually more important right now the video delay when I press play on virtual because like I said before it's very embarrassing being at a corporate event and having this issues when they are pressenting some of their videos to the crowd

MY SPECS

Laptop Asus k53t

processor AMD A4-3300 APU 1.90 Ghz with Radeon HD Graphics

Ram Memory 8 GB
Hard drive 640 GB
WINDOWS 7 HOME PREMIUN service pack 1 64 bits

Integrated video card Radeon Graphics HD6650M
adapter AMD Radeon Hd 6480G
Internac DAC 400Mhz
BIOS information BR 41001.BIN
available graphics memory 5108
dedicated video memory 1536
system video memory 0
shared video memory 3572

Posted Wed 05 Dec 12 @ 12:15 am
Try setting videomemmaxuse to 1. Yes I know that isnt supposed to fix it. Here is my video showing the memory leak -

Posted Wed 05 Dec 12 @ 2:42 pm
Oh yes I have tryed that, I have read about it in a different post where the actual creator of the registry tools was saying that putting 1, in that box what it really was doing was telling virtual dj to only use 1 mb of your video memory,

also I read another posts where some guys say that VideoMemMaxUse for ati cards the setting is 16 for nvidia the setthing is 498 and for intel is 112 (I dont know where do they take this values from) also tryed those settings with no significant difference

the only, recomendation that made some sort of difference is where they say that you should actually put there a value around the half of your total video memory, so I did that and so far is the only setting that has done a little difference, but still getting the message(memory warning),

I read another post also where they explain that the directx doesn't report an accurate value of your real memory, so I checked that too, and saw that the dxdiag tool was reporting 968 mb and on the property drescription tab it says that the computer has 1536 mb of dedicated memory
none of this solutions has worked 100% for me so far

but the most important thing right now for me is to fix that video delay whenever I press play and the audio starts running and the video starts 2 or 3 seconds later, is really annoying because I assist to a lot o events where they require me to play some videos in sync with some special moment or indication they tell me

thanks anyway for taking attention to this message

Posted Wed 05 Dec 12 @ 3:22 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)