Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Channel 2 Gain Not Working in 7.3

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

I was wary to download the latest version, but it did it anyway. Now, Channel 2 (or Midilog3 ) on my VMS 4.1 has no real gain control and EVERYTHING on that channel is quieter than the other three. Nothing changed on the controller. Not happy since I have a wedding tomorrow.

Posted Fri 23 Nov 12 @ 7:03 pm
1) always try out a new version on a non essential computer to make sure everything works. Allow adequate time to assess before gigs.

2) don't install over your old version until you've carried out 1) above.

3) always keep downloads of previous versions so that even if you carry out both 1) and 2) but find a problem, you can go back.

4) always have a backup system in case something goes wrong despite the above three points.

:-)

Posted Sat 24 Nov 12 @ 12:08 pm
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
Any change if you disable the limiter in options?

Upgrading before a gig seems crazy to me personally.

Posted Sat 24 Nov 12 @ 1:16 pm
What exactly does limiter do as I have some issues when this is enabled?

Posted Sun 25 Nov 12 @ 5:51 am
It does what it says on the tin!

It helps to prevent distortion (overloads) caused by playing your music at too high a level. Once the music volume gets beyond a certain point, the limiter will "turn it down" for you by compressing the output level (which can be heard as pumping or squashed sound).

What are the issues you're having?

Posted Sun 25 Nov 12 @ 6:25 am
I used VDJ 7.3 live for the first time last night since updating from 7.0.5b.

I had a automix playlist playing on deck one as normal, loaded a karaoke track into deck two. Everything looked fine but when I pressed play on deck two the deck stopped playing as soon as it reached the begining of the music & sort of stuttered (deck one was still playing fine). I tried everything to cure this & the only thing that seemed to work was to turn off the 'limiter' in options. I still had some skipping but found if I changed the 'scratch' setting to CD instead of Vinyl this was cured.

I have never had any issues before at all in the last couple of years with VDJ until this update.

Why do you think limiter is causing a problem?

I installed directly over 7.0.5b. Do you think an uninstall & reinstall may help? I've a lot of gigs coming up so need it to be perfect again.

I use the DJ IO sound card

Posted Sun 25 Nov 12 @ 7:38 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)