Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: sound pops in version 7.3

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

If i move the cross fader the sound makes a popping noize... tested everything.. doesnt make sence as it worked awesome for the past few years..

Posted Wed 14 Nov 12 @ 10:24 pm
Do you have safe mode enabled for the latency? I sometimes get pops and clicks if I have it enabled.

Posted Thu 15 Nov 12 @ 10:40 am
hit a weird issue in this when mixing video .. they tell me its my sound card. But the things is this before the change in sound I had done almost 150 gigs last year never had any issue.. IM thinking something isnt right. I went last night and bought a new laptop and then the responce its not going to help blows my mind as the best on the market sound card isnt good enought? why? intresting as the things that changed are not going to be able to work this way? Im about to install windows 8 tommorow on the new touch screen as im going to reprogram it to become the new lighting controler for the new software im having made in china.. I bought a new laptop but the comment makes me think and wish and hope I saved version 7.2. Please explain? anyone?

Date: Fri 16 Nov 12 @ 4:13 pm
Teamer: Haui70
Message: A new laptop will not solve the problem from my point of view!

What other soundcards have you tested?

I have about ten different computers at my place none of them more then two years old. I am confused? I going to have to frag and clean one out to put in the windows 8 and Im hoping this is going to work.. I dont get how a brand new out of the box laptop 999.00 plus tax is not good enough.. I ran the original program on a peice of crap all linked together to make a network. to do multi things.

Posted Sat 17 Nov 12 @ 12:38 am
got the issue cornered.. The video jumps and clicks as the accelerator is on. The second I remove it the video is hd and awesome. But the second I do the visualations and stuff like sonquie dont work. Any ideas. I just checked the direct x and java and the flash to make sure they were all updated.. something for them to look at.

Posted Sat 17 Nov 12 @ 1:56 am
just answered your question about Hardware Acceleration on the other thread.

Anyway, it seems like THATS HOW VDJ WORKS. It has been a long time people talked about it.

If you have it UN-CHECK, your VIDEOS seems to work good but causes ALL VIDEO EFFECTS not to work.

Posted Sat 17 Nov 12 @ 9:45 am
You should try the Registry Tool and check Nvidiafreezebug and put a value of 128 or 256 in the Videomemmax.

Right now, I tested 1024, 768 this 2 did not work at all then I tried 512 adn ti worked on AUTOMIX but did not work when 2 decks are used.
Now I'm at 256 anddid lot of testing for dual deck and seems very good.

Don't know what video card you have.

You can also try checking the YVBug12 and see if that helps.

Posted Sat 17 Nov 12 @ 10:10 am
this is intresting and news to me. I just preprogramed 110 keys to a controler for all effects including video. I used every effect on videos and tested and ran it all. It was so fantastic that I rated it 10 of 10 and now its got a issue. I am looking at the issue.

Posted Sat 17 Nov 12 @ 10:12 am
J-SnipPRO InfinityMember since 2006
Audio pops when playing videos...I know this all too well especially with Pioneer controllers.

A low-cost solution may be what solve your issue like it solved the issue I was having with audio when mixing videos...a powered (pluged into electrical outlet) usb hub then connect the controller/soundcard to the hub.

Posted Mon 19 Nov 12 @ 2:00 am
Out of curiosity, what would be the theory behind this fix. Why would the powered hub tend to work better as opposed to usb directly from computer?

Posted Tue 20 Nov 12 @ 2:15 am
Because a self-powered USB hub can usually provide more DC current in it's ports than a typical USB port on your laptop, especially if this port is shared with another port that has another device connected. One thing most people tend to forget is that the USB ports on your laptop/PC are paired by two on the same internal USB Hub. These two paired ports share a DC current. By their specs the internal USB hubs in best case can provide up to 500mA per single USB port, or 1000mA (1Ampere) total.
In a perfect world not a single USB device would require more than 500mA of power. However some devices require more current and they "suppose" that the other device connected on the other USB port of the same hub will not require it's full share of 500mA.
That's the reason that most times you can connect a mouse and a USB powered HDD on a pair of USB ports on a laptop, but you can't connect two USB powered drives without issues.

PS: There are some modern laptops that don't quite have internal USB hubs. In other words they provide 1 USB port per "internal hub" and they can provide 1000mA on a single port. However such laptops are not wide spreaded on the market and usually you have to use the Hardware Manager to see if they belong on this category or not.

Posted Tue 20 Nov 12 @ 5:32 am
J-SnipPRO InfinityMember since 2006
I can tell you the self-powered USB hub I picked up for $40 saved me $2,300 I was almost committed to dropping on a new MacBook Pro. If it wasn't for some unexpected expenses that arose I probably would have went ahead with the MBP but before I did that I was willing to try everything I could think of to get my Wego to play videos nicely with my 6-7 year old Dell Inspiron.

I'm my mind I'm already committed to switching to the MBP when I am forced too.

Posted Tue 20 Nov 12 @ 10:50 pm
great posting everyone... its unreal how much you learn by this group of people.. the issue is gone and was in the reg tool and a few adjustments and im kicking it hard.. the power usb make me think as im running , apc, hercules,lightjockey,2 usb hard drives and more all on the one side of the laptop..

Posted Thu 22 Nov 12 @ 3:05 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)