Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: [NEW] VirtualDJ 7.3 - Page: 4

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

I tell u what Bro,...I...will check this out later tonight and we'll see if it not good...(Huey where are u?)....he,he

Posted Sun 11 Nov 12 @ 6:29 pm
bagpussPRO InfinityMember since 2003

What about the sound has improved? For some reason I can't tell on my laptop speakers ;), excited about this.

Posted Sun 11 Nov 12 @ 6:47 pm
cms30ggPRO InfinityMember since 2008
I installed it and there is an improvement in the sound, more noticeable than that were the responsiveness of the platters of my VMS4 (Which I have never had any issues with) It is night and day!!! I can finally scratch effectively with them. I dont know what you guys have done with the new sound engine but Serato and Traktor should be worried.

Posted Sun 11 Nov 12 @ 6:54 pm
bagpuss wrote :

What about the sound has improved? For some reason I can't tell on my laptop speakers ;), excited about this.

Things just sound more crispy if that makes sense, lol! On my monitors I can definitely hear a difference.

Posted Sun 11 Nov 12 @ 7:02 pm

SBDJMember since 2006
cms30gg wrote :
more noticeable than that were the responsiveness of the platters of my VMS4 (Which I have never had any issues with) It is night and day!!!

Some changes were made to improve the latency of jogwheels, thus increasing the responsiveness for a lot of controllers.

As per the first post the changelog is here:

http://www.virtualdj.com/wiki/VirtualDJv7.3.html

Posted Sun 11 Nov 12 @ 7:19 pm
Thank You Once Again!!!!!!

Posted Sun 11 Nov 12 @ 7:20 pm
Speedy53PRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2008
shaungreen212 wrote :
Native support for denon 3900 in midi mode?

Not yet.

Posted Sun 11 Nov 12 @ 7:37 pm
Can someone explain these please,

fixed video_transition on 4 decks
fixed device_side on 4 decks

Posted Sun 11 Nov 12 @ 7:41 pm
Best update thus far! Cant wait for 8.0!

Posted Sun 11 Nov 12 @ 7:59 pm
beatbreaker1 wrote :
Can someone explain these please,

I hope it has to do with trying to transition from say deck 1 to deck 4, ie with the preview windows. That for me would be badass..

Posted Sun 11 Nov 12 @ 8:12 pm
Charlie Wilson wrote :
Hi Cyder,

Thanks for chipping in, these settings are personal of course to your equipment.

All I really want to know is by lowering the low frequency number does this increase the bass?

Yes Charlie, the lower freq, the more bass you get!

But dont get confused! These freq cuts don't mean you will get more bass, mid or highs. It is just a "freq cut".

I will leave it at "FULL FREQ" cuz I usually kill freqs totally.

Posted Sun 11 Nov 12 @ 8:14 pm
Really pleased to see the new update , just home after a gig so too late to set anything up and see if the sound really has improved. If anyone has tried it over a proper pa system i would love to hear what their opinion of it is. Thanks again virtual dj , its great to see this update and is genuinely appreciated :)

Posted Sun 11 Nov 12 @ 8:18 pm
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
You're correct Brian:

Quote :
This fixes that issue with being unable to video transition to deck 4 (which affected controllers and skins)

Quote :
I believe fixes an issue to do with device_side left and right not working correctly on some 4 deck controllers

Posted Sun 11 Nov 12 @ 8:20 pm
Thanks Scott.

Don't think I've run into those before, lol!

Posted Sun 11 Nov 12 @ 8:30 pm
Beat, try it. Load up 4 videos in 7.2. Play on deck 1, switch the right deck to 4 and click on the video preview. It will not transition. Now where this helps me is as I am using a touchscreen I just touch on the preview window to "Auto" transition the video to the other deck.

Now its fixed in 7.3 and that is awesome!! Team you guys rock!!

Posted Sun 11 Nov 12 @ 8:41 pm
Thank you!!!!

Posted Sun 11 Nov 12 @ 9:00 pm
coach kPRO InfinityMember since 2010
Okay great sound, so I hear! Are there any timecode users enjoying the experience of 7.3? What's your take? I won't be able to download for a few more days, due to my main laptop being repaired. So inquiring minds wanna know :)

Thanks

Posted Sun 11 Nov 12 @ 9:09 pm
i find the sound quality is way worse its blocky on slow movements and sounds like shit any advice

Posted Sun 11 Nov 12 @ 10:00 pm
Gigged with it tonight.

Just a short 2 hour gig with not many people in, so, a good testing ground.

To these tired old ears (36 years DJing in Clubs), the best way I can describe the sound is that it's much cleaner and punchier.

My club has 8 Cerwin Vega speakers and 2 Cerwin Vega Sub Bass bins, and boy, it sounded fantastic!!!

Looking forward to next weeks gigs. :-)

Posted Sun 11 Nov 12 @ 10:01 pm
I just downloaden the new version and could hear immediately the difference in sound quality from my laptop speakers. I was already thinking of changing to serato with pioneer ddj sx but this update has changed my mind, now I can already envisage the direction Virtual DJ is heading to. I hope there will be a mapping for ddj sx soon.
Since the new updates, I started having high CPU usage, anyone knows what might be the problem?

Posted Sun 11 Nov 12 @ 11:04 pm
20%