Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: VBR is shown as 128 kbps

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Hi!

Many of my MP3:s are ripped with variable bit rate, VBR. Virtual DJ shows the bitrate incorrectly, mostly as 128 kbps.
I'm trying to replace old rips with newer with better quality and it would be nice if VDJ would show the correct bitrate.
Is it possible to configure Virtual DJ to show that a file has VBR instead of showing an incorrect value of the bitrate?

I use Virtual DJ Pro 7.05b.

Posted Mon 08 Oct 12 @ 12:16 pm
Known bug for quite some time now but never been fixed.

Keith

Posted Mon 08 Oct 12 @ 12:23 pm
OK, then I know.
Hope this will be fixed in upcoming versions. Makes it easier to keep the library with music updated.

Posted Mon 08 Oct 12 @ 1:14 pm
I'm new to VDJ and I too would like to see this resolved. The bitrate is one issue but also is the length in minutes and more important to me is the gain levels. I can watch the gain go up and down and it usually ends up in a +5 to +8 range but it jumps around during playback. I've been able to find some old school 80's club mixes on Amazon and of course everything there is VBR. I'm anxious to hear what's in the works to fix this bug.

Posted Mon 14 Jan 13 @ 5:43 pm
Regarding gain changing/jumping around, you are probably loading songs that you have not played before and playing them before they have been analysed in full by the software (The correct gain settings is not known until this is done.)

To avoid this, pre-analysing your music collection is strongly recommended: http://www.virtualdj.com/wiki/Pre-Analysing%20Your%20Music%20Collection.html

Posted Tue 15 Jan 13 @ 5:39 am
For the most part, that did the trick. Thank you. There's a few VBR's that are stubborn but I will use Sound Forge to re-sample them and make CBR 320's out of them.

Posted Tue 15 Jan 13 @ 6:25 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)