Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Wishes and new features

Topic: RekordBox additions to remote app

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Have just seen that Pioneer have just released RekordBox Mobile for Android and Apple, and I think VirtualDJ could go much further...

Social/Cloud integration is now the norm. I would like to see my VirtualDJ databases backed up to a VDJ cloud. Seeing as the user profile is getting a makeover for broadcasting and podcasts having an integrated backup seems the logical next step - As some of us currently do with the likes of DropBox.

How does this relate to RekordBox? Well firstly, access to your VDJ databases is essential for setting cues and managing your folders, even for setting your playlists. placing the database in the cloud would mean instant access to your last sync'd database and folders. You could then browse/search the database either on your mobile or online and create new playlists, manage folders etc.

Obviously setting cue points or analysing tracks means having the track on your device, which would be a little more complex, but by no means impossible if the track was copied to/from the same place on the hard drive...

With the new sound engine and PoI features, etc. being able to manage and set these away from the Virtual DJ application would be more interesting...

Cheers,

Roy

Posted Tue 21 Aug 12 @ 4:34 am
+1

However there are still quite a lot of people who won't take their gig machines online or install anything else on them.

Maybe 5 years ago that would have been a issue but not in 2012

Keith

Posted Tue 21 Aug 12 @ 4:56 am
ukdjdazPRO InfinityMember since 2007
Why not integrate into recordbox???

recordbox is a free application developed by the industry leaders in music technology (Yes you guessed it, i'm aPioneer Fan). The tools are already there, just need to integrate VJ Library into RecordBox, maybe some form of import and export feature.

Posted Tue 21 Aug 12 @ 5:17 am
Comes down to whether the VDJ database and PoI's are compatible with RekordBox...

Cheers,

Roy

Posted Tue 21 Aug 12 @ 7:49 am
ciocePRO InfinityMember since 2004
Rekordbox is developed by MixVibes team, so I seriously doubt that they will ever load the VDJ database ;)

Posted Wed 22 Aug 12 @ 3:45 am
OK so Pioneer have Rekordbox, Denon now have a similar app called Engine...

Why don't Atomix make one called VDJBox or VirtualCrate etc. that works with the VDJ database?

Since the release of the VDJ remote control app, people have been asking for the ability to browse tracks on it.

If it had access to the database file, it could do it.

Posted Wed 22 Aug 12 @ 10:33 am
MixVibes Cross & DJ can already import VDJ and Traktor databases. So I don't see why simple XML format conversion can't be done in the other direction using Traktor and Rekordbox databases in VDJ... or even find some way to fuse or reconcile conflicting information to the user's advantage. Sort of cross-reference the databases, or something. And a browser/USB-loader app (not tied just to Pioneer... even allowing your laptop RAM to spoof as a FAT32 partition or something) combined with that capability is a nice idea for those who don't trust a laptop 100%. Mixvibes being the author of Rekordbox, its seamless integration into Cross, and Serato DJ's epic buggyness in its first release attempt gives Mixvibes a big advantage in the marketplace. Atomix can further cement their advertised universal versatility with such a feature and deny Mixvibes that unique advantage.

Posted Tue 28 May 13 @ 6:29 am
I builided one of my databases in iTunes and have no problem to share it between Rekordbox and Virtual DJ trough it.

Posted Fri 11 Oct 13 @ 3:40 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)