Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Wishes and new features

Topic: Mapping Forum

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Not an app feature but a forum request.

A forum dedicated just for mapping questions and answers.

Posted Fri 27 Jul 12 @ 12:11 pm
That's what the hardware forum is meant to be for, but people just put it any old place... The biggest problem with that is that people never describe what they are asking in the thread title it's always either called "mapping", "vdjscript???????", "HELP!!!!?????" or a combination of the three lol. It means searching for anything specific is incredibly difficult.

how I find stuff I don't want to write again is google "site:virtualdj.com query" that will restrict googles super computers to only the forums content which is much better that the forums search engine, which if I had to use only one word to describe it would be "pathetic".

For what it's worth +1 but it's been requested before and not implemented, I can't see it changing any time soon as it would be a very small forum because mapping is pretty easy once you know the basics.

Posted Fri 27 Jul 12 @ 1:14 pm
cstollPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Mapping is a 'Hardware' issue as it only relates to hardware ( and yes a Keyboard is Hardware)

Therefore mapping questions should be in the Hardware forum.

But as Synth pointed out - people don't know what they are asking or even where they should asking it so they just post it anywhere.

So even with a dedicated forum - people would still post it where every they feel like it. Which is why we don't have a forum for every little 'hot topic' that could justify a forum - because it would just end up spammed with non-forum related posts.

Posted Fri 27 Jul 12 @ 2:13 pm
I would think it would be a great idea to be able to have a sub section that is next to my private messages that is where I have any info about any posting . I also think if you could do that then a mod could be able to move the link to the right area.. I would love to see the post that I have had posted in the past..

Posted Wed 31 Oct 12 @ 12:04 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)