Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: OS X Mountain Lion - Page: 3

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

J-SnipPRO InfinityMember since 2006
kimsmail2020 wrote :
Hey Brothers - I am planning to pick up a MBP 13" with the new Mountain Lion OS. Could anyone of you please let me know if there is a compatibility issue with VDJ and Numark MixTrack Pro ?

I think the bigger question is do you plan on mixing videos? If so you need a dedicated graphics card and there is not one in the MacBook pro 13" as I have looked at that. If you plan on mixing videos then you would need to step up to the 15".

Posted Sat 20 Oct 12 @ 10:53 am
gary6793 wrote :
I have Mac Mountain Lion a Numark NS6 and have downloaded Virtual DJ Pro.
When trying to load tracks to decks 1 and 2 the track goes to either deck 3 or 4 respectively. The correct layer is selected but VDJ
selects the opposite deck. This is has the same effect when the lower decks are selected then the tracks are pushed to the upper decks. Seems like VDJ is working in opposites....?
Is there a fix for this as I bought VDJ Pro to run 4 decks. Incidentally, this does not happen in Serato even though Serato claim that they do not support Mountain Lion as yet???

is it hooked to any hardware

Posted Tue 23 Oct 12 @ 12:01 am
cnymikePRO InfinityMember since 2011
williethadub wrote :
do any know ho to enlarge,or resize music fonts I'm using 1224x800 and the letters are really small i can't read while djing

You have to modify the .xml file for the skin you are using. I'ts not hard, but you have to open the file and look for the section of code that deals with the listing size. The code is annotated pretty well so it's not too difficult. One you find the chunk of code simply increase the font size by 2 o4 4 and see if that give you the result you need. I've done this on the skins I use. I also changed the font size of the time to be larger and a different font and the color of remaining time so I could see it more easily and have it stand out more. Messing with the xml file can really let you tweak a skin to suit your preferences but you do need to be careful.

There are other threads in the forum that get into the specifics more.

http://www.virtualdj.com/wiki/font_size_change.html

Posted Sun 11 Nov 12 @ 9:18 pm
Lou07Home userMember since 2012
How do you save,,,,?

Posted Sat 22 Dec 12 @ 12:36 pm
neilceePRO InfinityMember since 2009
right i have mackbook pro and vjd7 pro

im have in a problem when i load a son in a dec that playing instead of use in the mouse to click the yes button i could use my denon dn4500 black scrole knob now this dont do any think can any one help

also when load in songs in it only loads about half a in of the file in wav form then as the song plays it then loads a bit moor

any one help

Posted Sun 20 Jan 13 @ 3:26 pm
Are you trying to load a song on a deck that's already playing? If so, by default it won't let you do this to prevent you accidentally doing this on the song that's playing out live. You can change this in CONFIG -> Options -> Security. If set to Ask then it will ask you whether you are sure or not. If it's set to Always then it will never load over the top of a playing song and will not ask if you are sure. If set to None then it will load regardless (This is a dangerous option to choose.)

The second problem will be because you are probably loading VBR (Variable Bit Rate) songs which you have never played before and have not yet been analysed for the correct length by VirtualDJ. To avoid this, you should pre-analyse your music collection: http://www.virtualdj.com/wiki/Pre-Analysing%20Your%20Music%20Collection.html

Also, this can occur if you load a song that's longer than your 'max load' setting. Please see http://www.virtualdj.com/wiki/MaxLoad.html

Posted Sun 20 Jan 13 @ 4:49 pm
Ok tracks now loading cheers for that

But the first problem still happens wheni load a song in over a song that's playing I use to be able to press the parameters ent button on my dn hc 4500 and that would click the yes button if set it up like on my PC but its not working on the mac

Posted Sun 20 Jan 13 @ 5:52 pm
This may not be supported in the Mac version (You could ask in the Wishes & New Features forum to see if it could be added in a future version.)

For now, you could work around it by changing the mapping for the track knob to the following:

• Go to CONFIG -> Mappers and choose the HC4500 in the list.

• Click on the + and the press the track knob (Or scroll down the list of mappings and find TRACK_KNOB_DOWN in the list.)

• Change the mapping to the following: holding 1000ms ? play ? stop & browser_enter : browser_enter : browser_enter

With the above, you can force the song to load by holding down the the button for 1 second and releasing it.

Posted Mon 21 Jan 13 @ 3:56 am
done that mate and i still need to use the mouse to click the yes button in the on screen box to change over the track im trying to load in

this is annoying now as on my windows machine it worked fine but tipical mac being a tit

Posted Mon 21 Jan 13 @ 8:38 am
You need to remember to press and hold the button for 1 second before releasing it if you want to load a song over the top of one that's already playing without getting the warning message.

Alternatively, you could try the following:

play ? songpos_remain 30000ms ? stop & browser_enter : browser_enter : browser_enter

This should load the song over top without prompting if there's only 30 seconds or less playing time remaining, otherwise it will pop-up the warning as normal, which you would need to click with your mouse. You can adjust the time as required, e.g: 60000ms would be 60 seconds.

Posted Mon 21 Jan 13 @ 1:40 pm
Hi i have a hercules dj 4set and i installed it several times on different macs but this time i got the newest version driver and installed the VDJ LE that is provided and when i open vdj it freezes on the part that says ''INITIALIZING EXTERNAL DEVICES'' i uninstalled VDJ and the driver and installed it again but still it freezes and also my macbook pro will have mouse delay after i force quit vdj and i need to reboot. plzzzz helppp!!!!

Posted Thu 14 Mar 13 @ 7:21 pm

Posted Fri 15 Mar 13 @ 5:06 am
Just a heads up - Apple have just released OS X Mountain Lion Update v10.8.3 (Combo)

It includes;

Boot Camp support for installing Windows 8

Hmmmmmmm...........

Posted Wed 20 Mar 13 @ 8:32 pm
Been using 10.8.3 for a few weeks now and haven't had any problems......

Posted Thu 28 Mar 13 @ 2:29 pm
Hi guys, i have a macbook pro with OS X 10.8.3. with virtual dj 7.4 pro. I have problems when playing videos.There are white lines flashing.I downloaded the registry tool file and edited settings in vdj but still have the same problems.Video card nvidia 650m.

Posted Sat 15 Jun 13 @ 6:41 am
hi everyone, just switch from windows to a new Mac pro 2.6 with a 8 ram gig memory using a denon MC6000. Download the virtual dj pro for Mac and also download the mountain lion version. any way !!! Found the quality of sound improve also latency but the graphics still dragging, but the main problem is my cues are gone and the worst when i'm playing sometimes won't let me cue also the loop buttons on lit correctly sometimes hi will have cue button and play button lit at the same time including the efx buttons. I already call denon they say it's the configuration. anybody can help me plz. i appreciate ur help. thanks guys....

Posted Sat 15 Jun 13 @ 8:15 am
Hi guys . I have a ddj ergo mixer and a macpro comp.i can record my own samplers but when i try to save it look that everyting is ok but i turn off the program i turn on again is nothing save con please somebody help me?

Posted Sat 29 Jun 13 @ 3:11 pm
Mountain Lion in fact sped up my computer. mid 2010 macbook pro 4gb ram

Posted Sat 13 Jul 13 @ 1:35 am
Am having trouble with audio output settings on the options of audio device settings :-(

took me 30min to find out by myslef click to play audio from hc5000 but still didnt have much luck

Posted Sat 07 Sep 13 @ 4:52 am
Am having laggy slow problems on a brand new macbook air ! 2013

happy days ! joke!

should i delete and reinstall???

audio set up is nightmare

Posted Sun 08 Sep 13 @ 6:45 am
90%