Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Wishes and new features

Topic: Connecting two (or more) laptops running VDJ8 together...

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

I was sure we used to be able to so this, but I can't find the option in V7.

When you play with several DJ's at a gig, it would be incredibly handy to be able to link all the laptops together (USB or LAN via hub - whichever is better), allowing the sync data to be accessible across all the computers.

Posted Wed 18 Jul 12 @ 6:23 am
I guess in order to allow that, the code in VDJ would have to check that the serial numbers were different - because individual users are only permitted to run one installation of VDJ at a time.

If it was two different DJs, or two separately licensed copies owned by one DJ then OK, but it would still need to be confirmed.

Posted Fri 20 Jul 12 @ 4:09 am
Yeah Simon you used to be able to link them up via a network cable and you could even run multiple instances of VDJ. Would be Nice if we could link up multiple computers.

Posted Fri 20 Jul 12 @ 9:35 am

Posted Fri 20 Jul 12 @ 11:38 am
cstollPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Yes, synchronizing two instances of VirtualDJ was capable via OSC before the multi-deck functionality. This feature was removed because of the multi-deck support. In the 2 years of multideck support this is only like the 2nd time I have seen the request pop up again. It may be some that we reconsider in the future, but is not currently on the TO DO list for the near future.

Posted Sat 21 Jul 12 @ 6:45 am
Oh come on us must be able to link 2 laptops together, it would save me hauling loads of gear every fri/sat night

Posted Sat 08 Oct 16 @ 1:28 pm
So why would you need more than one copy of VDJ when it can run up to 99 decks (plus sampler)?

I also don't see why you'd be "hauling loads of gear" when you're a Home user.

If you're out working as a DJ "every fri/sat night" then you need a Pro license or subscription.

(By the way, please try to avoid digging up threads > 1yr old)

Posted Sat 08 Oct 16 @ 1:45 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)