Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: New Macbook Pro & Hercules DJ Console MK4 - Page: 1

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

Hello All,

I just got a new laptop and installed the latest driver and I'm running Virtual DJ version 7.0.3 and my DJ Controller (Hercules DJ Console MK4) lights up but when I press the play button or touch the jog wheels, it will not work with Virtual DJ. The software itself works and is mapped correctly, but it seems that it is not working with the latest Macbook Pro 15inch.

Is anyone else having this problem?

Posted Tue 17 Jul 12 @ 7:50 pm
I have the exact same problem! The Scratch, Files, and monitor A lights all come on, but the board is unresponsive to physical input! And to top it all off, it I click on one of the icons on the screen in Virtual DJ, the corresponding key lights up on the MK4. Weird!

Posted Tue 17 Jul 12 @ 8:44 pm
I know it's not the controller because Traktor can recognize it. I still have not figured out all of the mapping so that's why I want to go back to using VDJ7.

Posted Tue 17 Jul 12 @ 8:51 pm
At least it's narrowed down.... I'm siting here like a fool reinstalling all kinds of drivers. I never thought something would actually be more complicated on the Mac rather than the PC.

Posted Tue 17 Jul 12 @ 9:30 pm
Haui70PRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2008
Do you guys use the controller provided VDJ LE version?

If yes, please check here. It is needed to have installed the latest driver from Hercules and also check the manual how to setup the driver.
http://ts.hercules.com/eng/index.php?pg=view_files&gid=17&fid=62&pid=262&cid=1
http://ts.hercules.com/eng/index.php?pg=view_files&gid=17&fid=62&pid=262&cid=6

If no, please register your licence under your account to get the latest VDJ version.
http://www.virtualdj.com/users/edit.html

Download Center
http://www.virtualdj.com/download/updates.html

Posted Wed 18 Jul 12 @ 5:26 am
Okay, so I uninstalled Pro just for the fun of it and installed that DJ Console version you linked. I also followed Hercules' instructions on removing and reinstalling the driver for the Mk 4 console. Nothing has changed. I went and plugged the controller into my old Windows 7 laptop and it ran just fine, so that confirms to me that this is not a hardware issue. Any other nifty tricks?

Posted Wed 18 Jul 12 @ 8:29 am
Yes, please contact the Chat Support!
They can have a remote view onto your Mac and see what happend!

Thats really nifty! :-)

Posted Wed 18 Jul 12 @ 9:32 am
Okay, how do I contact Chat Support?

Posted Wed 18 Jul 12 @ 9:42 am

Posted Wed 18 Jul 12 @ 9:47 am
aleyblaHome userMember since 2012
i have the exact same issue..i called virtual dj for support and hercules and none of them could help me!
please if anyone has a solution share it

Posted Sun 29 Jul 12 @ 1:09 am
I've been dealing with the same issue! Please any other solution out there? Chat support is WAY out of my time zone and responds back wayyy after my availability... Hellllp please someone! New 2012 MacBook pro, updated drivers, clean reinstall several times, controller is functioning with other programs, same problem...

Posted Thu 16 Aug 12 @ 10:41 am
You try to read some of my blogs on what to do if your controller is not recognized by Mac. It's not only about controller but this process works for all gears like camera, synths, keyboards, soundcards and many others that doesn't have direct mac support on it. If you find difficulties in setting it up message me and i will try to help you.

Posted Thu 16 Aug 12 @ 2:21 pm
has anyone found a soultion for this problem? Ive done EVERYTHING I could possibly do.. customer service remote assistance, all driver updates, clean reinstalls, reformat hard drive with new install and no go...

Posted Sun 19 Aug 12 @ 3:36 pm
james82Home userMember since 2012
I have the exact same problem. I just bought a new MacBook Pro and the Dj Console Mk4 is not working anymore when I start Virtual DJ although it is recognized by the system and all the lights are shining on the console. Pls can someone help? I have installed the latest software updates and deleted all the old ones first.

Does anyone have an idea?

Posted Sat 01 Sep 12 @ 2:57 pm
DJ PhatsoPRO InfinityHercules Support TeamMember since 2005
Can you try a USB powered hub between the Mk4 and the MBP ?

Some people have mentioned that this seems to help in some cases with USB 3.0 controllers issues.

Posted Tue 04 Sep 12 @ 6:42 am
The powered 2.0 USB solved this same issue for me, I was about to return mac because of this.

Posted Sun 09 Sep 12 @ 2:42 am
james82Home userMember since 2012
Thanks for the hint. It solved my issue as well!!

Posted Tue 11 Sep 12 @ 11:27 am
After all thoes hours with customer service, trial en error, reading forum topic after topic and nearly giving up, a simple USB hub does the trick! WTH this should have been a software update but now works like normal but with out the hub virtual Dj us useless with the console

Posted Mon 17 Sep 12 @ 2:25 pm
cuzcuzHome userMember since 2012
stesso problema di tutti...macbook pro 13'..virtual dj..nn funzionava niente..stessa soluzione. comprata usb powered 2.0 a quattro porte(6 euro) e via. buon divertimento a tutti.

Posted Mon 08 Oct 12 @ 9:50 am
Sorry, this forum is for English language messages only.

Please either post your message again in English or use the appropriate language forum at the bottom of http://www.virtualdj.com/forums to post in your own language.

Posted Mon 08 Oct 12 @ 10:43 am
91%