Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Wishes and new features

Topic: Android - Page: 1

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

How about a remote control app for the android os ??

Posted Tue 03 Jul 12 @ 10:17 am
There is one in the works, not an official Atomix made app but it's in good hands..........hopefully soon!

Posted Tue 03 Jul 12 @ 10:56 am
hoping to see this awesomeness

Posted Fri 06 Jul 12 @ 2:51 am
WE REALLY NEED IT !

Posted Fri 06 Jul 12 @ 1:01 pm
benbirPRO (legacy)Member since 2008
i'd like to add "me too!"

Posted Mon 16 Jul 12 @ 2:31 pm
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
My Android remote software is almost beta ready, I've got a few things to sort in the skin engine.

Posted Mon 16 Jul 12 @ 3:54 pm
Great! I have a Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 sitting around begging for some attention!

Posted Tue 17 Jul 12 @ 2:32 am
vmdjsPRO InfinityMember since 2011
SBDJ - I would be glad to be a part of the Beta test team! I have done beta testing for various applications of the years and would love the opportunity to testdrive your android app for VDJ. I've got an Acer Iconia a500 with ICS. We are also looking at getting another android tablet in the near future.

Thanks,

Bryan

Posted Tue 24 Jul 12 @ 8:38 am
b_edgarHome userMember since 2006
I would love to beta test the Android app as well. I'm a semi-pro mobile KJ. I usually do parties for friends for free and inevitably I'll get a friend of a friend asking me to do their wedding or company party. I've done a few of those. As time goes by I get more and more into it. I've recently added lights to my set up. Anyway, the ability to add songs to the current playlist remotely would be awesome. Being able to walk up to any party guest and take requests from the crowd as opposed to behind the DJ stand would be awesome.

Posted Mon 30 Jul 12 @ 5:55 am
djmdexPRO InfinityMember since 2009
It's good to hear of an Android iRemote for vdj, I'm using pocket cloud at the moment, and it works ok, people are really freaked when I can cue up tracks from out in the crowd!

Posted Sat 11 Aug 12 @ 5:28 pm
Since we're discussing android tablet app for VDJ, i'm curious what specs would be good for VDJ? I myself am looking for a tablet with a card slot (so you can load various cards with the music needed for your event & not use up your HD space) & probly 2g RAM & 32g HDD.

Posted Wed 15 Aug 12 @ 11:25 am
You'd be using the tablet as a remote so wouldn't need to store music on it...

Posted Fri 17 Aug 12 @ 9:13 am
Yes!! I cant wait for an android remote. Thanks for putting in the hard work.

Posted Sat 18 Aug 12 @ 12:26 pm
pseftPRO InfinityMember since 2009
id love a android remote.... ican fix my sonyericsson screen and use that instead of using my galaxy s3

Posted Sun 19 Aug 12 @ 5:58 am
And if SBDJ is creating it.. it will work!
Thanks mate!

Posted Thu 23 Aug 12 @ 8:17 pm
pseftPRO InfinityMember since 2009
am lookking at getting a samsung tablet now, phuck ( i hope i can say that) the sonyericsson. samsung all the way

Posted Tue 11 Sep 12 @ 5:29 am
Sounds like interesting development. I own a tablet as well, 7 inch Galaxy tab 2 - and would be very interesting in any move forward in this area.

Posted Tue 11 Sep 12 @ 8:32 am
I'm very interested as well. Are you still working on it? What version of VDJ do you need for it? Does it need the pro version? My wife is looking to upgrade from 5.

How do you connect to the PC? Do you need an Internet connection, or can you do this over a peer to peer network if there is no Internet access?

Samsung Tab 2 10.1 here with Dell Studio 17 on Vista.

Posted Sun 16 Sep 12 @ 9:06 am
Yes, you will need VDJ Pro to download the plugin when it's complete.

Peer to peer networking will work fine.

At the moment you can use Spashtop remote to control VDJ on your tablet while waiting for this app to be complete.

Keith

Posted Sun 16 Sep 12 @ 10:32 am
As Keith has already said - my remote will require a minimum of VDJ Pro v7, and works over any network connection. The faster the better obviously.

I haven't had a chance to work much on this recently as I've got my hands full with other things. It's not binned or forgotten about though, it will get done!

Posted Mon 17 Sep 12 @ 12:40 pm
56%