Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Wishes and new features

Topic: iRemote Request App?

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

djBAVPRO InfinityMember since 2011
I know you can control VDJ with you iPhone, but what about request App?

The way [another dj software] does it so it doesn't slow down the gig computer while many are searching/requesting, is use another computer to receive the requests. (I use a small netbook) That small computer has a copy of your data base and is networked to the gig computer.
People can search your database and their requests would show up on your playlist w/their dj software or drag n drop w/VDJ. You can also select what songs are available for request.

It would be great to have a VDJ version of this. :)

If any else has any comments or a better way, add your voice and maybe some one will do it!

I already know you can request through FireText and that is fine if the people know every song on your HD.

Posted Wed 11 Apr 12 @ 10:42 am
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
It's possible to implement now, except you can't easily automatically add files to the play or sidelists. You can do it, but it's not a pretty hack.

Posted Wed 11 Apr 12 @ 10:56 am
DHoudePRO InfinityMember since 2009
This would really be nice to do through my iPad too.. Seach, request and add songs to playlist (to play next) are some needed features to that iRemote app.

Posted Wed 11 Apr 12 @ 11:15 am
SBDJ wrote :
It's possible to implement now, except you can't easily automatically add files to the play or sidelists. You can do it, but it's not a pretty hack.

I remember Don also talking about some issues with the browser: "Apparently, when dragging from the VDJ browser to some other window, a non standard drag/drop procedure is used. The karaoke plugin that comes with VDJ is aware of this."

Hopefully fixed in v8.

Posted Wed 11 Apr 12 @ 5:13 pm
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
Wasnt the other way round - ie drag and drop from VDJ browser to the karaoke plugin. You can drag and drop from explorer to the VDJ browser sidelist which may be one way of doing this.

I've programatically added to the playlist and sidelist before, but the bodge is not practical for DJs to use in a live setting.

Posted Wed 11 Apr 12 @ 5:47 pm
Yep, you're correct.
I've actually been doing the drag n drop with the "other" program into VDJ.

Posted Wed 11 Apr 12 @ 6:38 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)