Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: MC3000 not showing up in mappers

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Hello,

I just purchased a Denon MC3000. I already own the full version VirtualDJ (CUE). I downloaded 7.0.5 from the Download-->Software Updates and installed it. However, the MC3000 does not get detected when I go to Mappers. Also, it does not even show up on the list when I browse through them all. The MC6000 is there, however.
I have the Denon ASIO 2.22 driver installed. I am using Windows XP SP3. No Logitech webcams or anything extra. This is a strictly DJing laptop.
Check the MIDI settings on the 3000, they are fine (CUE1 lit up).

Do I need to install the "LE" version that came with it first or something?

Take care,
Bill

Posted Sun 08 Apr 12 @ 1:19 pm
you might have to part with another $50 to upgrade to VDJ Pro, Cue is always a little behind in releasing updates... check [config --> info] and you will see the version number you are on, VDJ Pro is on 7.05b (b380)

Posted Sun 08 Apr 12 @ 1:42 pm
Well, I tried installing the LE disk that it came with, and it worked. No surprise there.

My CUE version is only 7.0.5, no "b" after it. I guess that's the difference. I thought they (CUE & VDJ) were supposed to be the same thing?

I am not paying another $50 for software I already own! That's nuts.

Hopefully, the next version is coming out soon and will support my 3000.

In the mean time, I'll have to spend a few nights doing a custom mapping. Lame. :(

Posted Sun 08 Apr 12 @ 7:16 pm
just re-download the newest version from your download centre.. to install it you will need to uninstall vdj from your system as it won't replace 7.05 with 7.05b as it is the same build version... before you uninstall copy the entire cue folder so all your effects, settings and database entry's will be safe.

once you have uninstalled it, reboot you computer reinstall the newer version of cue and replace the cue folder with the old one. I don't use cue though so not sure if it is at the same update. but it is easier to try this first than create a definition and mapper for the denon...

The reason it's better to get vdj pro is you dont have to wait for numark to approve a release to get it, which historically can take some time.

Posted Sun 08 Apr 12 @ 7:29 pm
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
Numark Cue and Virtual DJ are not identical in that Cue updates are tested and approved by Numark - as you've discovered they are not currently as up to date as Virtual DJ builds.

Posted Sun 08 Apr 12 @ 8:38 pm
SBDJ wrote :
Numark Cue and Virtual DJ are not identical in that Cue updates are tested and approved by Numark - as you've discovered they are not currently as up to date as Virtual DJ builds.

Yeah, did not know that. May want to update this page then: http://www.virtualdj.com/products/cue.html

"Numark CUE is the same as VirtualDJ, but sold under the Numark brand.
The two products are essentially the same. The only difference is the distribution channels: VirtualDJ can only be purchased online, while Numark CUE can be purchased in DJ stores"

Posted Mon 09 Apr 12 @ 10:00 am
synthet1c wrote :
just re-download the newest version from your download centre.. to install it you will need to uninstall vdj from your system as it won't replace 7.05 with 7.05b as it is the same build version... before you uninstall copy the entire cue folder so all your effects, settings and database entry's will be safe.

once you have uninstalled it, reboot you computer reinstall the newer version of cue and replace the cue folder with the old one. I don't use cue though so not sure if it is at the same update. but it is easier to try this first than create a definition and mapper for the denon...

The reason it's better to get vdj pro is you dont have to wait for numark to approve a release to get it, which historically can take some time.

Did all that. My version is 7.0.5 (b370). Oh well.

The reason I got CUE is because the place I bought it was having a sale. And according to the VDJ website, CUE and VDJ are identical, except for distribution method.

Guess there's no chance of changing my CUE for VDJ?

Posted Mon 09 Apr 12 @ 6:53 pm
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
Only via the crossgrade offer at $49.

Posted Mon 09 Apr 12 @ 8:36 pm
SBDJ wrote :
Only via the crossgrade offer at $49.

Yeah...not paying more money for something I already own. I'd rather plunk $89 on Traktor since they just dropped their price and see what I've been missing until Numark decides to update CUE.

Posted Wed 11 Apr 12 @ 8:06 am
robbiecPRO InfinityMember since 2012
Hi Bill, I am in exact same position as you...did you have any joy getting the mc3000 mapped since?

Cheers,
Rob

Posted Mon 25 Jun 12 @ 5:58 am
The MC3000 is natively supported in the latest version of VirtualDJ Pro: http://www.virtualdj.com/buy/index.html

See: http://www.virtualdj.com/wiki/VirtualDJ%20Controllers.html

If you are using Numark Cue then this is a Numark product and updates are controlled and authorised by them. Please contact Numark for further details: http://www.numark.com

If you can't wait for Numark to release an update, then you can crossgrade to the latest VirtualDJ Pro for only only $49: http://www.virtualdj.com/buy/index.html - This will give you the latest version of VirtualDJ Pro as well as VirtualDJ v8 when it's released in the future.

Posted Mon 25 Jun 12 @ 5:54 pm
Hi
I have Hurcules RMX 2 and it came with Virtual DJ LE but i deleted it by mistake and i dont have the CD with me. How can I get LE back?

Posted Mon 22 Apr 13 @ 1:29 pm

Posted Mon 22 Apr 13 @ 2:32 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)