Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Wishes and new features

Topic: SOUNDCARD AUTO CONFIG DETECTION FOR VDJ 8

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

As discuss over with Chris in the other thread in this forums he addressed that i should post this here, I would love to see the VDJ 8 with the "SOUNDCARD AUTO CONFIG" detection. In most cases, VirtualDJ will automatically detect a MIDI or HID controller being unplugged and plugged back in again, but this is not currently supported for sound cards. If you accidentally disconnect your sound card or controller and then reconnect it again VDJ will hang up and freeze, then you will need to go back into CONFIG > Sound Setup and re-apply the settings again for it to work.

Also i would love to have VDJ detect the current position of the "KNOBS, BUTTONS & SLIDER" so that if ever you open VDJ it easily recognized how much volume you have by just looking at the current position of the slider or knobs. Right now, setting "0%" or 50% on the INIT is horrible where there's a spike or drops in volume when you touch the knobs or slider when VDJ is currently playing, touching all the knobs before playing is just funny as i could imagine. The SERATO and TRAKTOR they have done smart initialization that this two softwares knows whats is the current position of the knobs, buttons and sliders when you open the programs and you can start playing immediately without touching all those 20-30 knobs and slider knobs before playing. Cheers.....

Posted Wed 28 Mar 12 @ 1:58 am
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
VDJ already does that for controllers that support it. I know the MC6000 does it.

Posted Wed 28 Mar 12 @ 5:00 am
Detecting the current position of knobs, sliders, etc. is only possible if the manufacturer has implemented this capability in their firmware. If they have not, which is often the case for older and/or budget controllers then it is impossible for VirtualDJ or any other software to be able to know the position until the user actually moves them.

Where this capability is available, it is already implemented in VirtualDJ and there are many controllers that already do this. This usually involves sending a specific MIDI message to controller at initialisation to tell it to send this information.

NOTE: In some cases, controllers that are designed for exclusive use with specific software (E.g: Serato or Traktor) may not make this technical information available to other competing software.

Posted Wed 28 Mar 12 @ 5:03 am
Yes i got your point but mostly it must do except for those controller that are made by its own software & hardware manufacturer e.g. like traktor they built their own controller of course they will not share that to their competitors but those are only few of them. Largely VDJ should have the ability to do that to works for giant manufacturers like pioneer, denon, allen & heath, rane, hercules, numark, reloop, stanton, american audio and many others.

Posted Wed 28 Mar 12 @ 6:41 pm
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
The hardware manufacturer need to implement that functionality, not VDJ.

VDJ already does it for controllers that provide that information. A large amount of controllers do not.

Posted Wed 28 Mar 12 @ 11:14 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)