Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Wishes and new features

Topic: Needed features

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

The ability to edit the file info / id3 from the currently playing deck. (I find it takes lots of extra clicking to edit the rating for example. as Im going through hundreds of tunes rating them all to help arrange my collection.)

A back button in the browser, sometimes I forget which folder is currently playing from and it takes time to navigate back to it (this also relates to the important request above)

The ability to select a folder in the browser and "create/add new virtual folder / filter" so that the filter only applies to the selected file path and subfolders.

Thanks.

Posted Thu 19 Jan 12 @ 9:41 am
Oh. Better drag & drop support within the browser!

I find it so much easier to navigate in windows explorer but Id rather not be alt-tabbing all the time.

So if I filter for all "unrated" tunes for example. Id then like to be able to drag them to the appropriate folder. (Not have to browse through directories to move the file, its a lot of hassle!)

Posted Thu 19 Jan 12 @ 1:11 pm
and the file operations sub menu should appear on right click. Seems strange if I want to delete a file to have to right click, wait for submenu to open, then choose delete. As mentioned its a lot slower than explorer.

(Why cant I just hit delete on keyboard?)

And if I really have to go to file operations to move or copy a file (far too much clicking and menus going on just to move a file) , then the "browse for folder" window should at the very least remember the last folder I moved a file to.

and Im talking about actual folders. not virtual ones. I know I can drag in to virtual ones.

Posted Thu 19 Jan 12 @ 1:16 pm
An undo button? I just moved a file by accident :s I guess its in a virtual folder due to the lack of drag n drop support for real folder, so that narrows it down, but still a viable suggestion maybe.

Posted Thu 19 Jan 12 @ 7:10 pm
you can already drag and drop into any folder, just press "ctrl" when dragging, you should aso see the mouse cursor change to a disk.

You can also edit the file info for the currently playing track using "deck left file_info" and deck right file_info", if you want to change the info for the active deck (one in pfl) you simply use "file_info"

All these commands can be mapped to your keyboard, but you need the ful pro version to map controllers.

In regard to "delete" I think that is a terrible idea as you may end up deleting tracks by accident, the best way around this is to only buy tracks you like, so you don't need to delete them. You could perhaps even make a recycle bin file of sorts that you can drag your unwanted tracks into and delete all at once by highlighting them all and choosing delete from the menu.

there is also a verb "goto_last_folder" which will go back to the last browsed folder, however I have never used it so don't know if that will work.

http://www.virtualdj.com/wiki/VDJscript_verbs.html

Posted Thu 19 Jan 12 @ 7:27 pm
Thanks for the info! Thats great, though a bit of a surprise that those functions exist but for the un-technical user there is no GUI method to access them.

I have the Hercules console version of VDJ which is a pain. Very surprised how limited it is considering I paid £200 for the console (and that was a stretch, I cant afford software now!!) wouldve thought theyd have better deal going on with VDJ for a full version... :s

Thanks again

Posted Tue 31 Jan 12 @ 3:27 pm
OK guys 1 last thing for now.

When I *do* delete an item, the browser jumps to the top of the file list!

If I am in a folder with 500 items and am half way through them when I decide to delete one, it jumps back to the top :( I have to find where I was and with a small scroll bar its not easy.

Posted Tue 31 Jan 12 @ 3:31 pm
A DMX controller would be a nice addition to virtual dj similar to the one in swifter.

Posted Wed 01 Feb 12 @ 8:54 am

Posted Wed 01 Feb 12 @ 9:48 am
Hahaa, beat me too it, dang slow phone, lol!!

Posted Wed 01 Feb 12 @ 9:56 am
welshdemon wrote :
Thanks for the info! Thats great, though a bit of a surprise that those functions exist but for the un-technical user there is no GUI method to access them.

I have the Hercules console version of VDJ which is a pain. Very surprised how limited it is considering I paid £200 for the console (and that was a stretch, I cant afford software now!!) wouldve thought theyd have better deal going on with VDJ for a full version... :s

Thanks again

You paid for the controller, not for the software...
They give you the LE-version so you can try the software out.
To see what it can do (although it's very limited, that's why they call it Limited Edition)

BUT if you register your LE-version that came with your console, you will probably get a discount for the full PRO-version.
That's the way I did it... I saved more then 100$ that way...
So maybe you can start saving some money and go PRO.
Check it out, try and register your serial here on the forum, on "Modify My Profile" page ;)
Then if you want to know if you are entitled to a discount got to this page http://www.virtualdj.com/buy/index.html and fill in your serial there, you will see how much...

Once you go PRO, you never go back... Or something like that :))

Posted Thu 02 Feb 12 @ 5:08 pm
zorglupPRO InfinityMember since 2009
The ability to read kfn files (karafun) to mix them with cdg
and changing key in 1/2 tones not by %
thanks a lot

Posted Sat 04 Feb 12 @ 6:49 am
I can't believe this isn't locked yet....

Posted Sat 04 Feb 12 @ 6:56 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)