Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Pioneer DDJ-ERGO problem

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Hris92LE userMember since 2011
Hello. I just purchased Pioneer's ddj ergo which comes with Virtual DJ LE. I installed all the software and connected everything and its all working fine. The problem is that when i play music on it every couple of min/sec it looks like virtual dj lags and i hear a strech like noise thats really really annoying.... i'm not even sure who i need to adress this problem to - you or pioneer but i'll do both becouse maybe someone will know the solution. Thanks for the help in advance!

Posted Sat 31 Dec 11 @ 7:23 am

Posted Sat 31 Dec 11 @ 10:47 am
Yep sounds like a computer issue rather than the ERGO. Remember - as the ERGO is only usb powered - having lots of usb's plugged into your computer can make your computer lag also.

Posted Sat 31 Dec 11 @ 11:16 am
Yup i thought of that too, but i doubt it since the CPU bar in the left top corner only goes up to 1-2 green bars and the computer is really high end... but i'll make sure to reinstall windows and clean whats unneccesery... Anyway Thank you for the replay :))

Posted Sun 01 Jan 12 @ 6:25 am
Latency is important, and your computer may not be optimised for low latency. Low CPU usage doesn't mean low latency.

Most computers (Even high end ones) are built with typical home/office users in mind and are usually loaded with lots of unnecessary software that you'll never use ('Bloatware') and laptops are usually optimised for battery life rather than maximum performance. These may not perform well for DJ use as a result. You will need to optimise your computer by following the advice on the above page.

If you re-install Windows, use an OEM Windows install CD if possible, otherwise you may end up with the bloatware installed again if you use the manufacturer's restore CD. Only load the software and drivers that you actually need.

Posted Sun 01 Jan 12 @ 12:24 pm
Ok. I appriciate the help :) and thank you for the fast respond!

Posted Sun 01 Jan 12 @ 2:09 pm
hey I agree with the above comment. my laptop gave me all kinds of sounds pops and crakles, through many tweaks and disable senarios, it now runs sweet, no glitches, pop crakles, I now run DPC latency checker and its all good I used to get spikes every 10-15 secs, now it barely runs at 90-189 according to DPC latency checker

follow the adice man.

How do you find the ergo generally.......I am considering it or maybe the numark NS6

Posted Fri 13 Jan 12 @ 1:19 am
Hi,.. I'd bougth the same,.. Pioneer Ergo ando Bougth the pro version, but after optimized the pc,... the latency is not solved,.. always on the orange and red lines.... change the skin,.. used ultra latency,.. and no solution... I'm so disgusted because all I had purchased, with a quality so defficient-.--. with bugs, clicks,.. pc stops...
My computer is a Pentium D 3.4 Ghz, with 2 Gb. Ram and with space enougth on HDD, with windows 7, because In XP the controller was no dettected, .. so I think I have enpugth computer to run without any problem, but... I'm getting mad to find the solution.. please help!!!

Posted Tue 21 Feb 12 @ 1:58 pm

Posted Wed 22 Feb 12 @ 4:39 am
Hello is that true that the virtual dj le that comes with the ddj ergo v works only for 10 min??

Posted Fri 22 Feb 13 @ 6:35 am
No. The VirtualDJ LE that comes with Pioneer Ergo-V has no time limitations. You can use it as long as you wish.

VirtualDJ Home FREE has the 10 minutes time limitation, and this is only for external controllers/soundcards support.
Please see http://www.virtualdj.com/products/comparison.html

Posted Fri 22 Feb 13 @ 6:54 am
I have the Pioneer DDJ ERGO V I was djing and in the middle of performance virtual dj stop responding to controller completely. Thought it was a one time thing then it happend yet again can I please get some help on this issue??????

Posted Mon 08 Apr 13 @ 2:50 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)